New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post.
    Our family is shopping for a car this month. And we've come down to two choices - Toyota Vios 1.5 G A/T and Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT.
    We are three in the family - me, my wife and my daughter. Biyahe ko will be from Pasig to Makati (office) then pag uwian na, Ortigas muna para sunduin si misis then Pasig na. On a weekend, puro malls lang kami. Once a year, pupunta rin cguro sa Pangasinan to visit our relatives there. Basically, yan ang magiging gamit ng kotse.
    The reason the choices boiled down between the two is the price and the transmission. I don't know much about cars, that's why I'm asking you guys to help me out.
    We also intend to keep the car for more than 5 years. So, hindi agad siya ibebenta.
    Btw, price of Vios is 775k with 30k discount. Lancer is 745k with 50k discount. Computation for financing is almost the same also for a 20% downpayment. For 5 years, nasa 14k a month ang bayad. Freebies almost the same. Meron lang free 5k gas si Vios.
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Either car is a relatively good choice for your needs. I suggest you to go where your heart draws you more to.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Is the GLS this one?

The Lancer has a bigger body which translates to a more spacious seating capacity than a Vios.

In terms of IIHS crash tests, both on equal footing:

Lancer
    Vios

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by taj17 View Post
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post.
    Our family is shopping for a car this month. And we've come down to two choices - Toyota Vios 1.5 G A/T and Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT.
    We are three in the family - me, my wife and my daughter. Biyahe ko will be from Pasig to Makati (office) then pag uwian na, Ortigas muna para sunduin si misis then Pasig na. On a weekend, puro malls lang kami. Once a year, pupunta rin cguro sa Pangasinan to visit our relatives there. Basically, yan ang magiging gamit ng kotse.
    The reason the choices boiled down between the two is the price and the transmission. I don't know much about cars, that's why I'm asking you guys to help me out.
    We also intend to keep the car for more than 5 years. So, hindi agad siya ibebenta.
    Btw, price of Vios is 775k with 30k discount. Lancer is 745k with 50k discount. Computation for financing is almost the same also for a 20% downpayment. For 5 years, nasa 14k a month ang bayad. Freebies almost the same. Meron lang free 5k gas si Vios.
    Thanks.
    This was too my first two choices, Citimotors gave me 60K discount but LTO is not free, additional 7K ako, so lumalabas 53K discount ko, CF is 17K plus, and insurance is 21200, PO under UCPB, 20% DP, 25% rate for 48 months. Lumalabas 24k lang ako for 4 years lang not 5 years. Pero di ko pa rin tinuloy, kasi yung discount nila na binigay is after nung computation nung DP. Ford gave me 55k discount plus free LTO, the 55K discount was given on the unit price, so the 1.8 Trend M/T 779, 724K na lang, 25% DP, then 13K plus lang CF, tapos insurance 18K plus, deferred payment in one year 0 interest. Freebies are standard.

My suggestion is haggle haggle haggle, wag magpapadala sa sinasabing big doscounts. Compare the total cash out including DP/INS/CF for your chosen terms. Dont be fooled by big big discounts. Medyo mataas yung 14k mo for 5 years.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go for the vios. The resale value is a lot higher than the lancer. And I`ve heard that, SOME mitsubishi cars has problems when it comes to the suspension ( maraming kalampag etc. )

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Is the GLS this one?

The Lancer has a bigger body which translates to a more spacious seating capacity than a Vios.

In terms of IIHS crash tests, both on equal footing:

Lancer
    Vios
    Yep. yan yung car mentioned ni TS. Tama sir, mas malaki body ng lancer and may spacious leg room. Compared to traditional AT, mas maganda FC ng CVT, plus yung maintenance kung nasusunod naman PMS, tingin ko wala magiging problema, and looks, Id go for the Lancer.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Go for the vios. The resale value is a lot higher than the lancer. And I`ve heard that, SOME mitsubishi cars has problems when it comes to the suspension ( maraming kalampag etc. )
    *Renzo, yung sinasabi mong kalampag ng suspension, I think na resolved na to sa mga lumabas na unit after nung pizza pie model ehich is 97. Yung itlog ok naman yung mga suspension nila. My 97 lancer talangang makalampag, but yung itlog ko dati hindi naman. I drove the 2005 CVT hindi sya makalampag.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks guys for the prompt replies.
    Since last week of March pa ako nag-canvass. Medyo kelangan lang talaga patience. After all, this will be our first car. Kaya, I want value for my money.
    *meyor, tama po kau. We really have to haggle with the dealers. So far, medyo nagbabaratan pa kami sa Mitsubishi. On the other hand, Toyota is offering a promo - kaya lang, in-house financing. We're still studying our options.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    vios na! sa FC walang prob. sa performance idiin mo ng idiin , sa space ok naman kasya 5 minsan 6 kami kasya pa din.. check mo to www.viosclubphil.com baka magustuhan mo ung mga vios :D HTH

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Vios na, sakit lang sa ulo yang Lancer, I think the only "good" Lancer that ever came out is the box type. On the other hand, why not consider the new Honda City, its really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Choosing between Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT & Vios 1.5 G A/T