New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi Tsikoteers!

I am in hunt again for a car as my current car had accident. The insurance declared it now as total loss. Pag ganun pala yung market value ng 2nd hand car of that year/model ang babayaran nila. I was under the impression na yung insured amount. Oh, well.

My wife and I’s preference is a CUV and AT. Compact car (Civic 1.8S MT) kasi una ko binili and medyo nakaranas ng baha at lubak lubak, hirap pala. Gusto ko sana MT kaso my wife can only drive AT.

At most, 1.2M ang budget. Kung may mas mababa pa, the better. Sa ngayon kami lang dalawa sasakay. Pero pag nagka-baby na so madadagdagan pa. So space ng stroller and other gamit should be considered kaya out na ang sub compact and compact cars (according to my wife).

I think sa pricepoint na ito eto lang ata pagpipilian namin. Other suggestions are welcomed.

1. Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.0 AT --> eto talaga prefer ni Misis
    2. Kia Sportage 2.0 AT 2WD
    3. Mitsubishi ASX 2.0 CVT 2WD --> Medyo gusto ko ito kasi parang di maganda feedback ngayon sa aftersales service ng Hyundai. If this was only priced lower than Hyundai Tucson maybe I can convince my wife.

Can you give your ratings based on the following:

1. Fuel efficiency ( Can you give the K/L if you know)
    2. Interior Space
    3. After Sales Service/Maintenance Cost sa dealership
    4. Looks
    5. Durability

Also if you can suggest a good dealership na mag-accept agad ng bank PO. Masyado kasi taga ang interest kung in-house financing.

Kelan kaya ang dating dito ng New Ford Escape or EcoSport?

We are not in a rush kasi nag i-ipon pa ng pang 40% - 50% DP. I would like to keep the monthly amortization to max 15k in 4-5yrs. This could be 2-3 months from now.

Thanks In Advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you also considered the KIA SOUL 1.6L?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since pareho lang naman sila, mas pipiliin ko yung Sportage vs. the Tucson

Although yung after-sales nila ok naman pareho mas gusto ko lang kasi looks nung 2WD Sportage kaysa sa GLS Tucson. Personal preference lang.

Atsaka napakarami na rin kasing Tucson sa daan. Kapag bumili ka ng bago parang wala nalang, di katulad sa Sportage pag nakakakita ako ng bago tapos makinis pa ( esp. black ) head-turner pa rin talaga. Kumbaga, may wow factor pa siya.

ASX naman, ok lang. Pero personally kasi di ko gusto yung looks. But ang alam ko, maganda yung handling niya :-)

Di mo ba kinoconsider yung X-Trail? Isa na yata yun sa mga kotseng nagustuhan ko kahit dati rati pa. Kung iinclude mo yun, yun ang magiging 1st choice ko.

Recommend ko sana Montero Sport & Fortuner kasi ibang level na siya pero na-realize ko di pala kaya ng budget. Sayang.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the Tucson and Sportage 2.0 gas, Sportage ang pipiliin ko. Pero since your budget is upto 1.2M I would suggest, if you can, you add a bit and consider the 1.338M diesel Tucson. Yung 2.0 gas kasi medyo may kalakasan sa pag-inom. Although if you just want something roomy, comfortable and tough as nails, the Escape 4x4's SRP is just a little bit above 1.2M top of the line na yan and it's underpinnings are tougher than most CUVs out there, the 4x4 variant is really and truly capable of going off road too.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the thread starter will never really bring the vehicles to anything close to "offroad", AWD or 4WD is not important and could be disregarded. The advantage of getting rid of that option is lighter weight, lower cost and better fuel economy.

Speaking for the ASX, this car is great for a small family. The smooth acceleration from the CVT makes driving a different sensation. The suspension is comfortable for the passengers yet capable enough to handle well in quick maneuvers. The cargo area might be smaller than some SUVs on the market but it should be sufficient for the purpose. The rear seats fold down quickly to offer even more cargo room if required. And you can stow small items under the cargo area floor.

Fuel economy is good, around 7 to 9 km/L in the city and capable of exceeding 12 km/L on the highway.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I have shown the pictures of Soul to my wife but she didn't like it. Mukhang karo daw. Lolz. Maybe she'll appreciate it in person.

Regarding the X-trail, 1.3M na yung CVT version nya. Fuel efficient ba yung 2.0 4AT nya? I have yet to show this to my wife as well.

If the ASX 2WD CVT was at below 1.1M, I would get it in a heart beat. I think this has better FC than the Tucson and Sportage...?

I like the Tucson diesel but the 1.33M price is already unreachable. The cheaper diesel + higher ammortization cost is still greater than the higher gas price + lesser ammortization cost in 4-5 years of financing.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well then I suppose the Sportage is for you. Ganda talaga!

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sportage would be your best pick among your choices. Then if nakayanan or some miracle happened, then go for the X-Trail.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kia carens... you get the efficiency of diesel (with power and speed), comfort of sedan and space of a van... tamang tama pang pamilya... yung mga CUV mataas yan mahihirapan sumakay si misis pag buntis at pag may dala na baby... we also have a mitsu adventure.. mataas siya kaya medyo mahirap sumakay pag dala mo si baby... sa carens walang ka hirap hirap...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks Yapoy... But we need the ground clerance more for confidence sa floods sa metro and potholes sa province.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car for a starting family