New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Interesting, the Corolla outsells the Civic again. This is probably the first time since the FB Civic days.

But more importantly, compact sedans are a rapidly dying breed. Either people get a subcompact, or go straight for an MPV/subcompact CUV at that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mitsubishi made the right decision to drop the Lancer a few years ago.

An updated L300 versa van will give Toyota and sister brand Nissan some competition

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Interesting, the Corolla outsells the Civic again. This is probably the first time since the FB Civic days.

But more importantly, compact sedans are a rapidly dying breed. Either people get a subcompact, or go straight for an MPV/subcompact CUV at that price range.

just by pure coincidence if you add type r sales both the civic and corolla are both at 100units.

compact sedans are pushing it by defenition. the current civic fe to my eyes could just as easily pass as midsize by the size of its front end. dying breed indeed.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I actually know 2-3 companies who now issues Corollas to their mid-management team. they are no longer allowed to choose their preferred vehicle

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I actually know 2-3 companies who now issues Corollas to their mid-management team. they are no longer allowed to choose their preferred vehicle
    Our company has always been Civic or Corolla as the option for entry-level managers.

Now with the 1.3M entry level Civic discontinued, future managers will only get a Corolla as an option.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    just by pure coincidence if you add type r sales both the civic and corolla are both at 100units.

compact sedans are pushing it by defenition. the current civic fe to my eyes could just as easily pass as midsize by the size of its front end. dying breed indeed.
    Most of the usual compact sedans are now classified as medium sedans under LTO MVUC. Any sedan over 1600 kg gross vehicle weight is already classified as medium with LTO. Even the Geely Emgrand is classified as a medium.

Cars have gone heavier and longer nowadays. The new Civic is around the same size as the old 7th gen Accord.

Seriously though, the Civic RS with a 1.775M price tag would only interests those who would really want one. The midtrim Civic is at 1.5M+ while the Altis 1.6L V model is priced at 1.3M. The Mazda 3 2.0L is priced at 1.49M. There are a lot more vehicles to choose from at that price range. The Chinese cars have a lot more to offer within the 900k to 1.3M price range.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Non-luxury sedans are poor sellers, the Camry sold only 15 units but a Lexus that its based on sold 26. The Camry is 2.4M, the Lexus is 3.8m.

Theyre both Hybrids that "evade" number coding

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Our company has always been Civic or Corolla as the option for entry-level managers.

Now with the 1.3M entry level Civic discontinued, future managers will only get a Corolla as an option.

Dami competition ng non hybrid Altis within its price range (1.1M to 1.3M). Even sad is that the Altis lags in features against the competition. I went to see the G model and disappointing yung interiors for its 1.13M price.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Most of the usual compact sedans are now classified as medium sedans under LTO MVUC. Any sedan over 1600 kg gross vehicle weight is already classified as medium with LTO. Even the Geely Emgrand is classified as a medium.

Cars have gone heavier and longer nowadays. The new Civic is around the same size as the old 7th gen Accord.

Seriously though, the Civic RS with a 1.775M price tag would only interests those who would really want one. The midtrim Civic is at 1.5M+ while the Altis 1.6L V model is priced at 1.3M. The Mazda 3 2.0L is priced at 1.49M. There are a lot more vehicles to choose from at that price range. The Chinese cars have a lot more to offer within the 900k to 1.3M price range.

sana nag iisue pa ang lto ng sticker ng plaka, "L" "m" "H" "uv"
    Last edited by babkalakal; February 23rd, 2023 at 08:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Dami competition ng non hybrid Altis within its price range (1.1M to 1.3M).
    agree. kaya sa company ng sister in law ko. di na sila binigyan ng budget. kung ano ano kasing Chinese crossover ang binibili nila.
    wala na silang choice except Corolla. pati color bawal na sila pumili.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast