New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    dami choices kung pang down lang yung 500T.. san lugar nyo? may dinadaanan bang baha? if so, i suggest getting something higher.. wag sedan.. pasok ang avanza, livina, apv..
    another consideration ung baha.. but kung hindi nman bahain sa kanila subcompacts will do, mas madadalian magdrive wifey nya sa small car vs van, SUVs..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    living in Dasmarinas, Cavite

Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    living in Dasmarinas, Cavite

Thanks.
    Get a 2nd hand Avanza if I were you.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Since you are an OFW, and it would be the wife driving for much of the time, get a car that is as "basic" as possible, no fancy electronic gizmos = no headaches. Sound engine, comfortable ergonomics, bulletproof drivetrain are the best bets here.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi tsikoters,

I'm an OFW, and I would like to buy a (budget P500k) car for my wife. Both of us are newbie hoping to have our 1st car in November. Actually, I'm still persuading my wife to enroll in a driving lesson this mid-school break (with 2 kids). The main usage for the car would just be buying groceries, go to the mall, go to church sunday service, and family out-of-town during my vacations.
    With that said, should we buy a brand new or 2nd hand car? given that she has no know-how in cars. Gusto ko sana ng SUV pero nagdadalawang-isip ako kung kaya niya bang i-handle (driving and maintenance)

OFW din ako kabayan.. parehas din tayo ng situation bago bumili ng kotse balak ko nun kahit 2nd hand lang pero kailangan kilala ko ung owner at me casa history ung bibilin oto para sure na madali kong mahanap kung ano ung mga possible na magiging sira parang early prevention ba kasi si mrs. ang gagamit na wala pang alam sa maintenance ng sasakyan at ayaw ko naman na tuwing magbabakasyon ako sa pinas eh mauubos ang oras sa kapapagawa ng 2nd hand car pero nahirapan humanap sila erpat dahil sa mga considerations ko at isa pa daming mga ondoy car na mahirap malaman dahil marami ng magaling sa detailing kaya brand new na binili namin at very much satisfied naman ako sa decision ko, madami kang pagpipilian kung medyo stretch mo lang ang budget mo at basa basa ka lang dito sa forums at iwasan mo ang mga kotse na madaming issues at problems na di pa nareresolve hanggang ngayon. its better na ienroll mo si mrs. sa driving school di lang driving matutunan nya dun pati mga trouble shooting. Goodluck..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi tsikoters,

I'm an OFW, and I would like to buy a (budget P500k) car for my wife. Both of us are newbie hoping to have our 1st car in November. Actually, I'm still persuading my wife to enroll in a driving lesson this mid-school break (with 2 kids). The main usage for the car would just be buying groceries, go to the mall, go to church sunday service, and family out-of-town during my vacations.
    With that said, should we buy a brand new or 2nd hand car? given that she has no know-how in cars. Gusto ko sana ng SUV pero nagdadalawang-isip ako kung kaya niya bang i-handle (driving and maintenance)

2nd hand muna! Ang sakit nun kapag may nangyari sa kotse due to newbie ignorance tapus bagong bago pa. Yun nga lang dapat medyo mabagu-bago pa. I'd say 5 years old at most.

First see if your wife is capable of driving a manual car. If she is, then you can buy a newer model since manuals are usually cheaper than matics. You will also be spending less on fuel expenses with a manual car. I'd suggest you consider the Nissan Grand Livina or the Kia Carens. Both offer six speed manuals, are comfy, fast and fuel efficient. The Nissan is obviously the inferior of the two, but you get a newer car for the same budget. The Carens is more spacious, more fuel efficient, and has the benefits of being a diesel.

Tell you what, an MPV, AUV or SUV is not necessarily harder to drive as compared to a sedan. Depending on the car, it can sometimes actually be much easier. Most smaller MPVs, AUVs and SUVs are actually similar in length to a compact sedan. Its just that the higher ride height and the lack of a trunk made it look bigger. Higher ride height gives better visibility, and since it has no trunk, it is actually much easier to park with none of that tancha tancha method involved. Larger cabin space with extended seating and cargo capacity is definitely a boon.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Which of this cars is not the most overpriced? and easy to maintained since it a 2nd-hand car?

2007 Toyota Altis E At , mileage = 60,000km , PHP345K
    2006 Ford escape xls 2 3li a/t , mileage = 90,000km, PHP400K
    2008 Mazda 3 At ( Repriced!!!! ) , mileage = 50,000km, PHP425K
    2008 Ford Focus Hatch Casa Maintained, mileage = unknown, PHP438K
    2007 Honda Civic Automatic 1.8v , mileage = 60,000km , PHP455K
    2009 Nissan Grand Livina A, mileage = 80,000km, PHP570K
    2009 Honda Civic FD 1.8V FOR SALE , mileage = 60,000km, PHP600K

I hope I'm not violating any rule here. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Which of this cars is not the most overpriced? and easy to maintained since it a 2nd-hand car?

The Altis is the best in the bunch IMO on paper alone ha. Sa matitipid mo, ang dami extra money for repairs and improvements IMO.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Are those cars someone you know is selling? I find their mileages to be kinda high. Are you looking at matic cars only?

Consider these: Nissan GRAND LIVINA MT - 10 | Cars for sale Pasig | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Grand Livina MT - 10 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    Kia Carens LX MT - 08 | Cars for sale Makati | AyosDito.ph
    Kia Carens AT - 07 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    Kia Carens LX 2009 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph

I see that CUVs are also acceptable? They're not as practical as MPVs and not as fuel efficient. Scores big in the porma factor though. The Escape/Tribute twins are very nice cars. 2.3L engine will get you 7-8km/L city, depending on traffic conditions and driving style.
    Mazda Others AT - 07 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    Mazda Tribute AT - 08 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    Mazda Tribute 2008 | Cars for sale Las Piñas | AyosDito.ph
    Ford Escape AT - 08 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    Ford Escape AT - 07 | Cars for sale Pasay | AyosDito.ph
    Ford Escape AT - 07 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    double post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast