New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi guys. Right now I am driving a mitsu adventure which i am sharing with my parents. However they are moving to a new house in the province and they'll be bringing it with them. So i would like to ask for advice regarding possible second hand cars that can fit my budget of 250k-300k. My everyday drive is about 35kms back and forth ( manila-makati-taguig-makati-manila) averaging maybe 6-7 kms per liter with the adventure.Since i live in manila,flooding is a problem,so that's another thing i need to consider. Hoping to hear from you guys.thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You satisfied with the Adventure? Get another one. It fits your budget. Be sure to get the diesel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebarnicle View Post
    Hi guys. Right now I am driving a mitsu adventure which i am sharing with my parents. However they are moving to a new house in the province and they'll be bringing it with them. So i would like to ask for advice regarding possible second hand cars that can fit my budget of 250k-300k. My everyday drive is about 35kms back and forth ( manila-makati-taguig-makati-manila) averaging maybe 6-7 kms per liter with the adventure.Since i live in manila,flooding is a problem,so that's another thing i need to consider. Hoping to hear from you guys.thanks!

get another adventure (diesel!) or a revo (diesel).
    or mebbe a MT sentra ECCS, civic lxi, or corolla gli. these should give you at least 8 km/li.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for your replies! Ill be adding adventure and revo to my list. Forgot to mention on my first post what i had on the list. Initially thinking of getting a 2007-2008 tucson but we decided to keep that extra 50- 100k for potential repairs. Now here they are:
    A. 04-05 Xtrail
    B. 02-04 rav-4
    C. 09-10 accent crdi
    D. 06-07 nissan sentra
    E. Adventure
    F. Revo

Xtrail and rav 4 are on the list because of the wife. When browsing car sellers site,her reaction to xtrail and rav 4 is like "wow thats what i like" and when i show her the othe choices,her reaction is "hmmm,ok". Will i be able to get about 6-7 km/l on those two in metro traffic? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for your replies! Ill be adding adventure and revo to my list. Forgot to mention on my first post what i had on the list. Initially thinking of getting a 2007-2008 tucson but we decided to keep that extra 50- 100k for potential repairs. Now here they are:
    A. 04-05 Xtrail
    B. 02-04 rav-4
    C. 09-10 accent crdi
    D. 06-07 nissan sentra
    E. Adventure
    F. Revo

Xtrail and rav 4 are on the list because of the wife. When browsing car sellers site,her reaction to xtrail and rav 4 is like "wow thats what i like" and when i show her the othe choices,her reaction is "hmmm,ok". Will i be able to get about 6-7 km/l on those two in metro traffic? Thanks!

6 km/L on a good day for the 2 CUVs. Worth it though, they're better built than your other choices, and are definitely more upscale.

Personally, given your predicament, I'd go for a 2000 CR-V. Yes it's quite old but they're really well-built and maintenance is familiar for most mechanics. FC is bad (all 2.0 liter CUVs of the early 2000s had poor FC), but performance and space are great.

I also like the RAV4 but you won't get one under 300k that's in great condition. Here's what I learned in buying secondhand cars - better to spend a few thousand more for a unit in good condition than penny pinching on a cheaper unit that usually has a lot of hidden problems.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sabi mo nga adventure nadin nagagamit mo.at alam mo nadin siguro kalidad ng adventure (diesel)

ako binenta ko tsikot ko vti civic.at pinili ko adventure diesel.ngayon kuntento naman ako sa maintenance.kahit lumusong sa baha na hindi kaya ng sedan. simpleng simple ang baha ngayon sa akin wag lang hanggang baywang

travel ko is 45klm.araw araw halos 50% natipid ko sa gas ngayon.dati ung 1k kong gas.5days lang,ngayon ung 1k kong diesel inaabot ng 10 days.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A. 04-05 Xtrail
    B. 02-04 rav-4
    C. 09-10 accent crdi
    D. 06-07 nissan sentra
    E. Adventure
    F. Revo

A and B: Rewarding to drive. Smooth, fast, comfortable, classy... But with high fuel consumption. Expect 5km/L thereabouts in pure city driving. Want the newest CUV for your money? Get the Ford Escape. Best reliability? Honda CRV.
    C: Many ex-taxi units. Steer clear from them. If you happen upon a good, low mileage unit, you'll enjoy the excellent power along with out-of-this-world fuel efficiency. Make sure the car is in top shape though. The sophisticated VGT and CRDi injection system can be very costly to service. Hyundai underpinnings also aren't the best in the world so to speak.
    D: Very low resale value. Comfy and with lots of features for the price. So-so in terms of FC especially with the A/T.
    E and F: You know what to expect... Agricultural engine, poor handling, noisy and with lots of vibration, tendency for smoke belching if poorly maintained... Loved by all though for the 10 seater seating capacity and truck-like cargo space with the 2nd and 3rd rows up. Revo is more spacious than the Adventure, climbs better too, but also more expensive. Beware of laspag units though. Despite being rather basic vehicles, repair work can get pretty expensive too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    A. 04-05 Xtrail
    B. 02-04 rav-4
    C. 09-10 accent crdi
    D. 06-07 nissan sentra
    E. Adventure
    F. Revo

A,B - pag dating sa weekend, nasa bahay na lang kayo. Makakalabas siguro, window shopping na lang sa malapit na mall. Ubos sweldo sa gas habang nakatitig ka sa garahe nyo at pinupunasan na lang oto.

D,E,F - Weekend getaway roadtrip kayo once or 2x month tapos makakabili na kayo ng gusto mabili or makain sa mall.

C - Baka everyweek nasa tagaytay, baguio, subic kayo nag kakape or fine dining and shopping galore sa mall. Or, may iba kayo maiinvest sa bahay, savings, etc...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    C - Baka everyweek nasa tagaytay, baguio, subic kayo nag kakape or fine dining and shopping galore sa mall. Or, may iba kayo maiinvest sa bahay, savings, etc...
    kumusta naman ang maintenace PMS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast