New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [SIZE=3]Hi guys. I'm a newbie here in tsikot. Wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions kasi I'm planning to buy a second-hand 99 Revo GL.Personal use po kasi we'll be having our first baby come end of June. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I have highlighted my questions below. Your expert opinions will be very much appreciated. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]We'll be buying the Revo from a car sale and yung Revo was actually first-owned by somebody from Pasig.Yung OR and CR still bears the first-owner's name. Naka-register yung car sa Pasig Kapitoloyo.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My father and I have inspected the car, na-test drive namin and everything looked OK. Also, just to make sure, nagsama ako mekaniko to check on the makina and ilalim nung Revo. Ayos naman daw sabi nung mechanic. Yung agreement namin nung guy from the car sale is that 283K price revo, kasama na registration (5 ending plate). Sya na maglalakad. Also, dagdag ako ng 3500 for the transfer of ownership. S'ya na din maglalakad. Ok na ba na price na to for a 99 Revo (I personally feel na mura talaga...around 325K yung asking price nya the first time na nakita ko). Is this price fair enough? How about yung registration (3K according to him) and 3.5K for the transfer of ownership? Ganun ba talaga abutin nun?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Nagdeposit ako sa kanya ng 10K as earnest money and had him sign some sort of an agreement letter. Panigurado lang. Plus he had my driver's licensed photocopied (and I had the photocopy signed) for the transfer of ownership, etc. We're about to close our deal this Friday but some questions are popping-up in my mind.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Medyo wary ako kasi I wanted to check na hindi hot car 'to. What I did was to check last Monday with TMG sa Crame (Motor Vehicle Clearance Office) para check sa records nila kung ganun nga. Di ko dala sasakyan, pinakita ko lang yung xerox ng OR and CR. Sabi naman nung tag-TMG, negative daw sa records nila pero kung gusto ko talaga maka-sigurado, dalhin daw sasakyan dun para i-macro-etch.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Which brings me to some of my other questions....[/SIZE]

Kausap ko yung guy from car sale kanina and he told me na pinasok na yung mga papers for clearance ng TMG yesterday (Monday, April 30) sa Kapitolyo. Apparently, may guy sila na taga-asikaso. What they did was i-stencil na lang yung sasakyan (chassis and engine #s?) without bringing it to TMG sa Pasig Kapitolyo. Pwede ba ung non-appearance pag kuha clearance from TMG and tsaka transfer of ownership? Mukang ganun din gagawin nila for the registration. Non-appearance din. Ok ba yun? Is there something fishy here?

They told me na by Thursday, ok na daw lahat papers, makukuha ko na OR and CR with my name indicated in them including yung transfer of ownership. Are there any other documents na dapat ko makuha aside from the one I have indicated above for this kind of transaction?

With them saying na napasok na papers nung sasakyan sa TMG Kapitolyo, would it do me any help kung dalhin pa namin sa Crame for verification of records? O magiging redundant lang kasi na-clear na ng TMG sa Kapitolyo? Are there any docs na meron dapat ako makuha as proof na na-clear na nga TMG? Or does it mean na once na-transfer ownership under my name, understood na cleared ng TMG?Takot lang po kasi ako, baka may cahoots/kasabwat sila dun. Sa mga ganitong panahon po kasi, hirap na magtiwala especially malaki-laki din pera involved.

What I am thinking right now is to go to LTO and TMG sa Pasig Kapitolyo first thing tomorrow morning to check on the records of the vehicle. Yung xerox lang ng OR and CR hawak ko. Would this do me any good?

I have talked to the guy from car sale and have told him that the last thing that I wouldn't like to happen is that we find out later na this is a hot car.He responded naman by saying na we'll sign another agreement letter that would indicate na if this event happens, pwede kami magsaulian pera.

Pasensya na po for some of my ignorant questions. First time ko po magkasasakyan.
    Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dami tanong ah...
    anyway, below are my answers:

a) 283k is a good price for the revo. yung registration is below 3k, although malapit na dun....tancha ko, mga 2.5k ang registration. yung 3k for the transfer of ownership is too big, but it will save you a lot of hassle. normally, mga 1.5k lang ang expense for a transfer of ownership process, pero nakakaasar mag byahe and pumila. there is a separate thread here for the transfer of ownership process. you might find that useful.

b) pwede non-appearance. kaya siguro 3k ang sinisingil sa iyo. 1k dyan, pupunta sa pulis.

c) OR and CR is ok, but make sure you have a copy of the notarized deed of sale with you too.

d) may copy yung clearance form, but i think, sinusubmit yan sa LTO during the transfer of ownership process. i advise you just to get a xeroxed copy of that clearance.

e) yes.... kung may time ka...why not?

hth.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    dami tanong ah...
    anyway, below are my answers:

a) 283k is a good price for the revo. yung registration is below 3k, although malapit na dun....tancha ko, mga 2.5k ang registration. yung 3k for the transfer of ownership is too big, but it will save you a lot of hassle. normally, mga 1.5k lang ang expense for a transfer of ownership process, pero nakakaasar mag byahe and pumila. there is a separate thread here for the transfer of ownership process. you might find that useful.

b) pwede non-appearance. kaya siguro 3k ang sinisingil sa iyo. 1k dyan, pupunta sa pulis.

c) OR and CR is ok, but make sure you have a copy of the notarized deed of sale with you too.

d) may copy yung clearance form, but i think, sinusubmit yan sa LTO during the transfer of ownership process. i advise you just to get a xeroxed copy of that clearance.

e) yes.... kung may time ka...why not?

hth.
    happy gilmore,

Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate it!
    The best ka talaga!

I did see yung thread about the transfer of ownership the other day which I believe you also started. Ayos na ayos! Detalyado.

Pasensya na ser kung madaming tanong...pwede ba humirit ng isa pa?
    :-)

Yung notarized deed of sale kailangan pa ba between yung binilhan ko ng revo and ako or sufficient na yung notarized deed of sale between between first owner at ako?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Chloe View Post
    happy gilmore,

The best ka talaga!

I did see yung thread about the transfer of ownership the other day which I believe you also started. Ayos na ayos! Detalyado.

Yung notarized deed of sale kailangan pa ba between yung binilhan ko ng revo and ako or sufficient na yung notarized deed of sale between between first owner at ako?
    looks like that the party that you got the revo is a dealer. he bought the revo from the first owner and executed an open deed of sale.

by the looks of it, pwedeng yung first owner na lang
    a) Is there an existing deed of sale between the first owner and the person who you will be getting the vehicle from? Kung meron, closed deed of sale ang nangyari, so you have to execute a DOS between the person that you will be getting the vehicle from and you.
    b) Kung wala, i am assuming that the person that you are getting the vehicle from is a dealer, and the first owner executed an OPEN DOS. If this is the case, the DOS should be between you and the first owner.
    c) Even though item b applies, there should be a written document between you and the dealer (the person you are getting the vehicle from). It is also a DOS - format, which shows that you got the vehicle from him, accompanied by the receipt of your payment.

baka hingiin sa LTO/TMG yung item c, kung ikaw ang maglalakad ng papeles. for security reasons din.

pero in most cases, ang hinihingi sa LTO/TMG is yung item b lang.

hth.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Chloe View Post
    happy gilmore,

The best ka talaga!

mukhang buy and sell yung nabilhan mo kaya hindi nya pina transfer sa panagalan nya nung bilhin nya yung revo.

Legally speaking, lumabas lang syang salesman for the first owner.

Kunin mo yung document that will prove na binenta sa kanya nung first owner yung revo. I'm sure may pinirmahan silang dalawa.

Then, it's better to have a document na binenta nya sa iyo, kahit hindi notarized.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Asus700 and happy_gilmore,

Thanks for your quick and insightful responses on this thread. Really, really appreciate it.

Got the Revo last Friday and we've been using it for several days na. Nakuha ko din all of the documents which you've previously indicated.

Balik search na ulit ako sa mga thread dito sa forum. I need to have the Revo tinted plus may tagas onti oil dahil sa oil seal or gasket ata. Aside from those, everything looks good.

Thanks ulit ng madami!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AFAIK, useless ang verification kung walang macro-etching na gagawin. This is done to verify if the engine and chassis nos. have not been tampered with, and if it matches the plate no. of the vehicle.

Kasi kung non-appearance, they won't be able to macro-etch the car, and will be mainly relying on the engine/chassis nos. indicated on the OR/CR. Eh that's what you wanted verified in the first place.

To be sure, why not bring the vehicle to Crame for your peace of mind

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ano mangyayari sa 3-registration ng kotse kung binenta ko sya bago ang 3rd year? I bought the car in 2010 brand new and sold it lately. Yung registration good until 2013. Void ba ang registration ng kotse kung ma-transfer na sa name yang yung car? And the new owner needs to register the car every year starting 2012?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang Revo GL na yan ba ay gas o diesel? Kung gas, eh ang lakas uminom nun... At ano na ang mileage nun? Ang price na 283k is rather high for gas Revos as there are matic Revo GLX's that sell for less. And diesel Revos, even the first generation ones, rarely sell for less than 300k. IMHO OK na ang Revo GL diesel. Matibay siya at matipid naman sa krudo, pero kung kaya dun nalang sa GLX para all power na.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    2007 pa sir yung REVO sir GTi.. lumang thread na

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying a second hand car...some questions