New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I'm planning to buy a second hand car. I know the two are of different class/category but I like both.

None of my relatives or friends drives Mazda 3 and Rav4 so I'm hoping someone here from Tsikot can advise. I already did my research but still not sure which one to buy.

Considerations:

• Gas consumption - From what I read, Mazda 3 is between 6-7 Km per liter because the chassis is heavy and Rav4 is around 5-6 Km per liter.
    • Availability of parts - I read that it's hard to find Mazda 3 parts. How about Rav 4?
    • Price of parts - Usually Toyota is cheaper than other brands but since Rav4 is compact SUV, would it be more expensive?
    • Quality - If I have to replace parts, which one usually lasts long? I don't really abuse the engine.

It's just for city driving. I rarely go out of town. Maybe just 4-5 times a year.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    newer is better. and driving a matic is better than manual.
    the rest, i have no comment, but i think it would be even, even one is a HB and the other is a CUV.
    and you would appreciate the nicer interiors of the mazda.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If mostly for city driving go for Mazda 3.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately, I can't afford brand new right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    newer is better. and driving a matic is better than manual.
    the rest, i have no comment, but i think it would be even, even one is a HB and the other is a CUV.
    and you would appreciate the nicer interiors of the mazda.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyukoy View Post
    I'm planning to buy a second hand car. I know the two are of different class/category but I like both.

None of my relatives or friends drives Mazda 3 and Rav4 so I'm hoping someone here from Tsikot can advise. I already did my research but still not sure which one to buy.

Considerations:

• Gas consumption - From what I read, Mazda 3 is between 6-7 Km per liter because the chassis is heavy and Rav4 is around 5-6 Km per liter.
    • Availability of parts - I read that it's hard to find Mazda 3 parts. How about Rav 4?
    • Price of parts - Usually Toyota is cheaper than other brands but since Rav4 is compact SUV, would it be more expensive?
    • Quality - If I have to replace parts, which one usually lasts long? I don't really abuse the engine.

It's just for city driving. I rarely go out of town. Maybe just 4-5 times a year.

Thanks.
    If you're getting a Mazda 3, get the 2.0. Same resale value as the 1.6, same awful fuel consumption as well. But at least the 2.0 has way more power, better features, and looks distinctively different too (different bumpers, grille, and rims).

I haven't had problems looking for parts for my Mazda 3. I usually check Mazford and Fordland in Banawe if I need anything. Interestingly, Mazda dealerships also carry the complete set of replacement parts for the Mazda 3. It was sold from 2004-2012 so there's a pretty big market for replacement parts.

If you really want an SUV though, why not the automatic RAV4? Or perhaps a similarly-aged CRV or X-Trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thanks for your comment.

About fuel consumption of Mazda 3 2.0, how bad is the fuel consumption? Like 1 liter to 5 Km? hehe

Honda parts are quite expensive. I like X-Trail too but the parts may not be readily available unlike Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're getting a Mazda 3, get the 2.0. Same resale value as the 1.6, same awful fuel consumption as well. But at least the 2.0 has way more power, better features, and looks distinctively different too (different bumpers, grille, and rims).

I haven't had problems looking for parts for my Mazda 3. I usually check Mazford and Fordland in Banawe if I need anything. Interestingly, Mazda dealerships also carry the complete set of replacement parts for the Mazda 3. It was sold from 2004-2012 so there's a pretty big market for replacement parts.

If you really want an SUV though, why not the automatic RAV4? Or perhaps a similarly-aged CRV or X-Trail?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for your comment.

About fuel consumption of Mazda 3 2.0, how bad is the fuel consumption? Like 1 liter to 5 Km? hehe
    5-7 km/L city driving, 12-14 km/L highway driving:

Honda parts are quite expensive. I like X-Trail too but the parts may not be readily available unlike Toyota.
    Have you actually called shops in Banawe and compared the prices of parts for the CRV, RAV4, and X-Trail?

Remember, both the CRV and X-Trail sold better than the RAV4. More units on the road means more parts in auto shops. Better supply means lower prices.

Yes, Toyotas have generally cheap parts with good availability, but that's because most Toyotas that have been sold in the last 3 decades are Corollas and Vioses. The RAV4 doesn't necessarily have cheaper parts than other similarly-aged SUVs.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for your comment.

When I still had my Xtrail, I had no problems buying parts in banawe. (I usually but them from Nisparts.)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Mazda 3 na lang sir

10. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

im planning to buy mazda 3 2010 model 2.0L after 4 motnhs sir ... pa advice lang po ko odo is 65k and price is 300k po... ano po ba kelangan ipa check for maintenance after ko mabili yung car pra maiuwi ko po ng leyte... im a first time car buyer .. magkano po kaya mgagastos nun for maintenance and pa ask na din po ko how much will it cost sa transfer ng pangalan.. repaint po change color how much will it cost sa lto at sa magtatrabaho? marqming slamat po

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast