New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks for reading this,

we are planning to buy a 4x2 pickup. been to ford and nissan and i have to say im partial to nissan frontier because of the price and essential features, (775k).

can you give your comments regarding the frontier 2k3 model. especially mga sakit or bad repuatation

also what the real effect of the excise taxes to pickups
    ford (balintawak) increased price from 790k to 825k eff oct4 and they are saying it will still go up to 860k
    nissan price is stable until further notice

hoping for your wisdom opn this

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw... have you tried looking at Ford Ranger 4x2?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frontier owner here... I have a 2000 2.7E model. With the engine, i have no complaints:
    - Good engine performance
    - very very minimal visible smoke emissions,
    - good build quality, and overall solid feel after 3 years and 33,000km.
    - cool A/C (but of course :P)
    - no rusting anywhere, even if i havent had it rustproofed or undercoated (i keep the car clean though and get a regular underwash)

Problems i've encountered:
    - had to replace a ball joint and A/C expansion valve with around 10,000km on the mileage only. The dealer replaced it under warranty though.
    - driver side power window has been getting stuck up lately (rest are OK)
    - I dont like the suspension set-up. The fronts are soft and the rears are stiff. People in the back bitch to me about the rear ride when theres nothing loaded. I plan to reverse my rear helper spring and put in a good set of gas shocks (stock shocks look malnourished).
    - I wish it had bigger brakes (stock brakes are ample enough but i still wish for the 2 piston front disks from the 4x4 version).

Overall, i'd still get a Frontier if i had to get another pick-up... I'm dreaming for a 4x4 model.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kami naman po 2003 Frontier 4x4
    medyo bago pa lang.
    so wala pa masyado problema.
    lakas naman ang batak. medyo maugong nga lang makina pag lampas na sa 2K RPM.

sabi samin tataas ng 145K yung unit namin.
    nde ko lang alam kng totoo or sales talk lang.

yung ride lang talaga iba.
    pang-pickup talaga.
    matagtag.
    mababago kaya yun pag pinaltan ng shocks?

namimiss ko tuloy yung F-150 namin, in terms of ride lang.
    basta wag lang magpapasalin ng gasolina.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks all for the reply,

wow, me thinks i must really buy now

jappy and vinj, makes me glad frontier is good enough and they pitch that they have a 3yr/100k warranty. makes good value.

ghosthunter, i did look at the ranger 4x2 "trekker". if it was not for the dumb cassette tape radio and their current higher price over the frontier (with in dash cd-radio), its higher ground clearance and turbo will make it score more points than the frontier.

"voters go out and register till oct 31, you will have your picture taken"

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    malayo ba difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2?.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by odell
    malayo ba difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2?.
    Hahaha! odell, please refrain from posting this type of questions, pinasasakit mo ulo ko sa pag-iisip kung ano ang difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2. :bwahaha: :bwahaha: :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mali mali... price difference... :P

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother also owns a Frontier though it's 4x4. As to add to Sir Jappy's experiences so far wala pa kaming problem with the truck. Solid built and very cold A/C. Basta alaga sa maintenance ay it won't give you problems. I love it's precise steering wheel and the safety features such as the airbag which is present also in the 4x2. The thing I hate is the very stiff suspension. I think it's the stiffest among all diesel pick-ups. Try also looking at the Mitsubishi Endeavor, Isuzu Fuego and Toyota Hi-lux to complete your choices. Goodluck.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    or wait for the upcoming Isuzu D-Max

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
buying a pick-up, whats the real price