New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sa choices mo, Toyota Vios E for me, wala na isip isip for first time brand new owner/ driver. Maraming meron nito, marami kang mahihingan ng advice when it comes to mods / tips to slight problems.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Toyota vios

+1 id go for the vios

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Not sure what the budget is sounds like from P600,000 to P650,000. Personally, I'd go with the Vios but the A/T version is only available on the 1.5l model. The main reason is really resale value and the availability (and not too expensive) of spare parts. Also, you can almost always be sure that 3rd party mechanics will be able to service your vehicle.

If you're not to finicky about power everything, the new Honda City A is near this price range too.

If you're thinking of financing, check out the car buying experiences in the forums or my blog
    Very good explanation redshift on the computation. Ganyan na ganyan ginagawa ko di lang sa vehicle, pati ibang equipments sa kumpanya.

Additional tip, kung kaya mo pagsabungin mga dealer mas maganda para maka haggle ka ng best price. But make sure wag ka muna magcocommit kahit kanino.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    - whats your budget?
    - AT or MT?
    - is fuel efficiency important to you?
    - is resale value important to you?
    - how many passengers will you be loading everyday?

paki-narrow down as previously stated.

yes, you'd probably need to answer these first to get a good shortlist.

add mo na rin:

- what will be the main use of the car?
    - usual routes to take? will there be long trips?
    - how long do you plan to keep the car?

first car so malamang medyo clueless ka with the questions but knowing your real needs will actually save you money in the future.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Guys,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.
    I will use the car going to office lang tapos home tapos school then gagamitin pag may date. hehe.

I prefer M/T
    Fuel efficiency is important
    Resale value not important
    Passengers: 4 max, pero minsan lang pag gigimik kami ng nanay ko. hehe.then everyday gamit ko lang papasok.
    70% hi-way driving , 30% kanto driving.
    I'm considering also safety and security.

Nag inquire pa lang ako sa hyundai last week.
    i10 1.2 M/T is 538,000 all-in -20K discount pag cash.

Next week after the holy week punta naman ako ng toyota sa alabang.

Siguro Vios na lang or i10 choices ko. hehe.

Thank you for your time guys!

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    clarification lang: highway driving = expressways and long drives to pampanga, tarlac, or further north/south.

your daily edsa route is very much city driving. this is ok for an i10; kapag long drives though, comfort will suffer after 1 or 2 hours on the road.

don't get fooled by easy payments (no offense to hyundai, i'm looking at a tucson myself); get a car that will really fit your needs.

for now though, i think vios would be your best bet.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vios for me. 1.3 lang naman yun eh. And, more of highway driving ka pala.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    why not buy a second hand 2002-2007 1st Gen toyota altis na top of the line G model? makakamura kapa and mas malaki.

get the 1zzfe model.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    based on your needs, i10 and Vios nga mga best fit.
    BUT, then again, not everything that is good in paper is as good as the real thing. Hope you've test driven the i10 when you were at Hyundai. para macompare mo yung feel sa Vios. Toyota currently has all-in deals til end of April for Vios and Innova. with 585K and 68K na down, oks na yung Vios.

i10 is cute, but given your needs na 70% highway driving, mas stable ang Vios compared to i10. I have a friend who has a 5month old blue i10. Sabi, nakakatakot daw mahagingan ng mga speeding auto sa hway. nagssway raw. i have not driven one sa hway, test drive lang, pero basing on the looks of it, plus yung ga-ang niya, parang may truth to that.

but then again, nasa feel mo yan. minsan pagsakay mo pa lang, parang feel mo na kung ano gusto mo drive araw araw e.

good luck sa car hunting! happy holy week!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I own an i10 and pag nasa coastal ako with fast cars overtaking me (kasi nasa break-in period pa ako) hindi naman sia nag swasway.

Im happy with my i10, ok naman yung speed nia for me, sa coastal ang c5 extension ko palang sia nahahataw, ok naman, stable naman sia (my max speed is 100kph)

pero it still depends on you.

i10 is my first car and usually 2 lang ang sakay and the max is 4, wala naman masiadong luggage na madame and usually groceries and shopping bags lang.

and btw, magaan siang i drive, hehe. sabe den ng friend ko who is driving a civic.

goodluck saio bro. =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying my first car