New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Good evening. Ilang linggo na rin ako nagche-check ng mga usapan dito. Finally, may kaunting budget na ako for a second-hand car. P90,000 ang budget ko. First time mag-drive. City driving tapos minsan out of town din like Laguna, Batangas, Antipolo or pinakamalayo Baguio. sina-suggest kasi ng husband ko Toyota GLI. May nagoofer sakin ng 2000 Toyota Corolla LoveLife for P90,000. Ok na po kaya ito? Excited talaga ako magka-kotse pero takot din na makabili ng hindi maganda. Wala kasi akong alam sa mga kotse. Thank you in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpad View Post
    Good evening. Ilang linggo na rin ako nagche-check ng mga usapan dito. Finally, may kaunting budget na ako for a second-hand car. P90,000 ang budget ko. First time mag-drive. City driving tapos minsan out of town din like Laguna, Batangas, Antipolo or pinakamalayo Baguio. sina-suggest kasi ng husband ko Toyota GLI. May nagoofer sakin ng 2000 Toyota Corolla LoveLife for P90,000. Ok na po kaya ito? Excited talaga ako magka-kotse pero takot din na makabili ng hindi maganda. Wala kasi akong alam sa mga kotse. Thank you in advance!
    WOW!!! thats dirt cheap, be careful baka ex taxi yang 2000 na lovelife at mukhang hindi siya GLi. at sagupain mo ang mga sira niyan. pagkakaalam ko may isang tsikoteer na babae nagbebenta ng Gli niya, sira nga lang daw battery pero in good condition daw.

calling C4Y, calling C4Y, calling C4Y

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    90k is way too cheap for a 2000 corolla. I'd be wary of that vehicle. That could be an ex taxi or flooded na.

I am selling my Corolla but I have not decided on the price. I am not going below 150k though. I just spent for the aircon (5k) and will register it this month (4.5k) plus battery pa
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 18th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sounds good price and bad condition yan sir,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I agree. Unless you personally know the seller and trust him, I'll stay away from the deal that looks better than usual. Also, in purchasing secondhand vehicles, do the usual SOP wherein you get a mechanic to check up on the vehicle before negotiating. The more you know about cars, the better place you'll be in a negotiation.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Corolla's have very high resale values. A Lovelife GLi in good condition would be hitting north of 150k. I wouldn't be expecting even a good condition Bigbody GLi to be selling for 90k.

I suggest you look at the Sentra's. Much lower resale value, but still comparable with the Corolla.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Corolla's have very high resale values. A Lovelife GLi in good condition would be hitting north of 150k. I wouldn't be expecting even a good condition Bigbody GLi to be selling for 90k.

I suggest you look at the Sentra's. Much lower resale value, but still comparable with the Corolla.

Thanks GTi. We are also considering getting a Sentra but we do not know which model to get. I read somewhere here na recommendable ang GTS, super saloon and super touring? Marami din ako nakikitang LEC models. Any recommendation?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes. The variants you mentioned are the 1.6L's. They differ mostly just in cosmetics. The LEC, LEC-PS and FE are the base 1.3L carbureted variants. There are no power amenities besides steering and locks. Lacks a bit of punch too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Eto po ngayon ang tinitingnan namin. Ano po sa tingin ninyo sir?

Nissan Sentra - 95 | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpad View Post
    Eto po ngayon ang tinitingnan namin. Ano po sa tingin ninyo sir?

Nissan Sentra - 95 | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph
    Paint doesn't look too good, don't know the state of the interior either. If you are seriously considering this, take a mechanic with you to confirm the mechanical soundness of the car, and see if there is any rust. If he has receipts to prove the stuff he has already replaced, at least that'll be less to worry about. Do make sure the suspension is fine, there seem to be no suspension-related replacements.

Don't stay with just this one car ad. You may find something better than this still.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast