New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkalito View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Yes sir, but unfortunately i do not have cash, that is why I am very unsure of this decision. I get that the interest rates are much higher but it would not reach the overall amount of the new city. (EX: city overall payment in 5 years dp 20% 1M+, civic overall payment in 3 years dp 30% 700k+). So given that civic is a overall better car, can i conclude (given that it is a well maintained car) a 5 year old civic is still better than a brand new city. is the 300k+ for a new city worth?

Yes sir, as i have said above, the "fixes" (which is a part of my budget) will not reach the overall amount of the new city.
    If you have around 300k in cash, you can get yourself a used Civic FD (2006-2011). It is still a better car design over the new City or the Civic FB (2012-2015). You just to accept the fact that it may have run more miles for a used car but as long as you know its maintenance history is sold, then you have one decent used car. This way you need not worry about the monthly payments of a loan.

How much do you have on hand? Maybe you can work around that budget.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have around 300k in cash, you can get yourself a used Civic FD (2006-2011). It is still a better car design over the new City or the Civic FB (2012-2015). You just to accept the fact that it may have run more miles for a used car but as long as you know its maintenance history is sold, then you have one decent used car. This way you need not worry about the monthly payments of a loan.

How much do you have on hand? Maybe you can work around that budget.
    Need to set aside at least 50k for maintenance checks pa. hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    If you already have 300k, you can add at least 80k more and you can find yourself in midsize sedan category.

06 toyota Camry 3.5Q. My friend got a good deal at 400k.

Yun nga lang, mejo malakas sa gas.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    If you already have 300k, you can add at least 80k more and you can find yourself in midsize sedan category.

06 toyota Camry 3.5Q. My friend got a good deal at 400k.

Yun nga lang, mejo malakas sa gas.
    Along the same thought, include an Accord or Mazda6 that are 10 years old or so. These two are better drivers car but heck, a Camry 3.5Q is the quickest/fastest Toyota you can buy nowadays that don't have a Lexus name.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Along the same thought, include an Accord or Mazda6 that are 10 years old or so. These two are better drivers car but heck, a Camry 3.5Q is the quickest/fastest Toyota you can buy nowadays that don't have a Lexus name.
    Even the 2.4L variant is already fast. Mas may dating Camry for me, pero if you want a driver's car, get the accord or mazda 6.

Left field choice would be the Teana.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I was about to suggest a Mazda, Mazda 2 to be exact since the guy is considering the City. But I can't say much about Mazda because of my limited knowledge except for the driving experience I had and have right now.

What do I know? Considering that what I had driven many years ago was an owner type jeep, then the assembled fiera, L300, and once I took my mother's Corolla GLI without her knowledge... these vehicles are a far cry for the new cars today. I really can't compare but I strongly suggest to test drive Mazda 2.

Additional​ thing about this, Mazda comes with Yojin's warranty. Just yesterday, I didn't spend anything for my PMS except for the food treat we enjoyed together with the service crew.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I was about to suggest a Mazda, Mazda 2 to be exact since the guy is considering the City. But I can't say much about Mazda because of my limited knowledge except for the driving experience I had and have right now.

What do I know? Considering that what I had driven many years ago was an owner type jeep, then the assembled fiera, L300, and once I took my mother's Corolla GLI without her knowledge... these vehicles are a far cry for the new cars today. I really can't compare but I strongly suggest to test drive Mazda 2.

Additional​ thing about this, Mazda comes with Yojin's warranty. Just yesterday, I didn't spend anything for my PMS except for the food treat we enjoyed together with the service crew.
    Mazda's Yojin warranty is really great. Sana their sales continue to grow so that dealership will also increase. I really like their value proposition.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Of all those you've driven before, only the L300 remained until last year hehehe but that's not done yet. It plans to make a comeback late this year or maybe next year with an updated euro-iv compliant diesel engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mazda's Yojin warranty is really great. Sana their sales continue to grow so that dealership will also increase. I really like their value proposition.
    Just a while ago, my brother surprised me with his newly acquired CX-5! I can't believe that he believed in me when I said that "you'll appreciate Mazda better as you drive it everyday."

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just a while ago, my brother surprised me with his newly acquired CX-5! I can't believe that he believed in me when I said that "you'll appreciate Mazda better as you drive it everyday."
    Congratulate yourself for being a good salesman. Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast