New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi,

May nag-offer kase sa kin ng Honda Civic na brand new,sobrang baba ng price. The catch: its a loose cargo. Sabi nung kausap ko complete at malinis raw ung papers non at sila na bahala sa LTO registration.

Inaalala ko ung tax, ako pa rin ba magbabayad non? Pwede ko rin ba yon ibenta kung sakali? Hindi na ba yon considered as smuggled or hot cars?

Pasensya na madaming tanong, bago ko kase bitawan ung pera kelangan sureball muna

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what on earth does "loose cargo" mean?
    if i have to guess, i'd say it came in without official importation papers. it means the car came in via the back door.... smuggled... technical or otherwise.
    someone has to pay import taxes... a legitimate local unit would probably cost less...
    besides, honda phils will probably not honor any and all warranties. they might even refuse to service it. period.
    but i could be wrong..

i'd stay away, it it were me.. let's help our country.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 9th, 2014 at 02:04 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what on earth does "loose cargo" mean?
    if i have to guess, i'd say it came in without official importation papers. it means the car came in via the back door.... smuggled... technical or otherwise.
    just like the port irene cars..
    someone has to pay import taxes... you might end up paying less had you bought a legitimate local unit.
    besides, honda phils will probably not honor any and all warranties. they might even refuse to service it. period.
    but i could be wrong..

i'd stay away, it it were me.. let's help our country.
    The seller said it came in a container along with the sacks of rice. It was declared a second hand unit but then they discovered it wasn't. So now they auctioned the car and apparently the papers are now "clean". I'll ask him about the tax thing since I don't want to cover it :D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in that case...

winning the car at auction is one thing. paying the appropriate taxes might be another set of expenses. better ask first before leaping in..
    also, ask honda phils if they are willing to honor any warranty and to service such cars..
    although, in our country, non-casa maintenance and servicing is not such a bad thing..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bayona View Post
    Hi,

May nag-offer kase sa kin ng Honda Civic na brand new,sobrang baba ng price.
    If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang mahirap yan if that is real hindi na nila hahayan mapunta pa sa iba yan sila na mismo ang bibili nyan or relatives nila. Ingat nalang wag masyado masilaw sa mga too good to be true na deal

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TS magkano ba?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    TO THE TS:

THAT IS A SCAM !!!!

Loose cargo means any commodity consigned to a single entity that does not take up the whole space of a container. This may come in as a single shipment (eg. one 20' container containing 1 motor vehicle strapped up inside) or as a consolidated cargo (eg balikbayan boxes with different owners).

The Honda Civic you mentioned is not a loose cargo but an UNDECLARED COMMODITY. Smuggled, simply stated. Complete and malinis ang papers? Complete and malinis na TALAHIB yan bro. "..It was declared as a second hand unit..."? Mahirap paniwalaan yan... Yng bigas nga walang nirerelease na import permit, tapos nasingitan pa ng kotse? Too good to be true. Forget the whole thing. You're just wasting your time on this.

Let me guess, galing mindanao yan ano? Importation from China?

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    The seller said it came in a container along with the sacks of rice. It was declared a second hand unit but then they discovered it wasn't. So now they auctioned the car and apparently the papers are now "clean". I'll ask him about the tax thing since I don't want to cover it :D
    I overlooked this part. Who auctioned the vehicle, the seller?

In the case of undeclared AND seized items, only the BOC has the authority to auction such. In the case of motor vehicles, when you win in a BOC auction, bayad na pati duties and taxes mo. And you are given all the corresponding documents to prove such. Hence malinis/clean ang papers mo. It now becomes your responsibility to register the vehicle.

Going back to the first line in this post, if the seller did the auction, 2000% sure na bogus lahat ng papers nyan. Want to prove him wrong? Ask for a copy of the CP (Certificate of Payment) and have it verified sa LTO Diliman. Dyan palang, talo na si seller

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi,

May nag-offer kase sa kin ng Honda Civic na brand new,sobrang baba ng price. The catch: its a loose cargo. Sabi nung kausap ko complete at malinis raw ung papers non at sila na bahala sa LTO registration.

Inaalala ko ung tax, ako pa rin ba magbabayad non? Pwede ko rin ba yon ibenta kung sakali? Hindi na ba yon considered as smuggled or hot cars?

Pasensya na madaming tanong, bago ko kase bitawan ung pera kelangan sureball muna

Salamat!
    Gaano kababa ang sobrang baba na price?

"Sabi nung kausap ko complete at malinis raw ung papers non at sila na bahala sa LTO registration" - dito ako diskumpyado

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast