New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have been browsing thru the classified section of Tsikot.com and I always encounter imported cars for sale. The ads will usually have "TAX PAID, DILIMAN PAPERS". Is it really safe to buy an imported car that have been registered in LTO Diliman? Does having Diliman papers mean taxes had really been paid and therefore you will not have any problem transferring and registering the imported unit? I hope fellow Tsikoteers have the answers. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Not really sir. Lahat naman ng imported vehicles na register sa LTO eh. Supposedly, pag na register sa LTO yan ( kahit Cebu, Zamboanga etc) ay "tax paid" kuno, kasi isa ito ( certificate of customs payment) sa prereq bago mairehistro ang isang sasakyan. pero ang nangyayari minsan "doctored" pala ung papers re: tax payment kaya pag nabusisi ng maigi, dun lumalabas ang problema ng mga papeles.

less likely lang ang hokus pokus pag LTO Diliman kasi di hamak na mas mahigpit sila at mas strikto sila sa pagverify ng pertinent reqts for registration. pero kung talagang palusot ang papeles, at nasilip yan, problema mo pa din.

so best course mo pa rin is to double check all papers and if possible have written documentation. Para in the near future ay wala kang maging sakit ng ulo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, I think, kaya lang naman sa Diliman yan niregister is simply because to avoid the surplus stigma.

since these are surplus cars, pag cebu ang pasok, Y ang start ng plate, sa Subic, R, sa Cagayan Valley, B.

So, to sort of remove that association, sa Diliman ang rehistro para isipin ng nakakakita second hand local model lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Actually, I think, kaya lang naman sa Diliman yan niregister is simply because to avoid the surplus stigma.

since these are surplus cars, pag cebu ang pasok, Y ang start ng plate, sa Subic, R, sa Cagayan Valley, B.

So, to sort of remove that association, sa Diliman ang rehistro para isipin ng nakakakita second hand local model lang.
    I accompanied a buy-and-sell person dati in looking at a Starex. When he saw that the Starex had Diliman papers, he was saying pangit daw iyon without really explaining why. It was possible that he was only saying it to lower the price of the car.

Buying imported cars w/ Diliman papers