New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Great to see your care and devotion to your parents. They should be really proud.

If you want something upscale and comfy, I'd suggest the Tucson or Santa Fe CRDi. With the car-based platform, no PPV comes close in terms of handling and ride comfort. Air intake is just below the hood, IIRC, so wading depth should be respectable enough. Install a stepboard if they have trouble with ingress/egress. Unfortunately, they only come with 2 airbags, as with most diesel PPVs in the market.

If you are big on safety, I suggest you take a look at the crash test videos from Asean NCAP, Euro NCAP, ANCAP, or NHTSA of your prospects available in Youtube. After all, no number of airbags can cover the shortcomings of a poorly made body structure.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Thanks boss. the recent IIHS report (and videos) compelled me to look for a car with more than 2 airbags actually so I’m afraid in the case of airbags I would default to more is better? If I can find a well-built car with more than 2 airbags that would be great. Kia sorento got the best rating but locally available units do not have the same safety features as the units they tested hehe.

I was thinking of getting a sedan instead since flooding is only a few weeks out of the year. This thread gave me a lot to think about.

Thanks po ulit for the references, I will check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtieth View Post
    Thanks boss. the recent IIHS report (and videos) compelled me to look for a car with more than 2 airbags actually so I’m afraid in the case of airbags I would default to more is better? If I can find a well-built car with more than 2 airbags that would be great. Kia sorento got the best rating but locally available units do not have the same safety features as the units they tested hehe.

I was thinking of getting a sedan instead since flooding is only a few weeks out of the year. This thread gave me a lot to think about.

Thanks po ulit for the references, I will check them out.

As you have probably seen with the side overlap tests of IIHS, most of the cars failed, despite the full host of airbags. Full frontal impact tests deployed by Asean NCAP and ANCAP seem to be more realistic though, and cover more models available in the local market.

Personally, with my own cars, I am perfectly fine with 2 airbags. Heck, I am fine with no airbags. I have survived all these years, thank God, without ever having seen one deploy let alone have one deploy on me. We have a 21 year old converted Granvia. It still has its 21 year old airbags. [emoji28] I am much more particular with braking performance, and appreciate the presence of ABS more. Same goes with tire condition. And seatbelts. I have never driven off without buckling up.

I have nothing against the Innova. Excellent appliance car with generous specs and an excellent engine. Easier ingress/egress versus an SUV plus similar wading depth are great points of consideration. Sharing components with the Fortuner and Hilux, it would also be easy to increase ride height, or even fit a snorkel if you want. Just that its not as "cool" as an SUV, and I wonder if it would be your parents' "type".

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lahozkirby View Post
    Sir, Sales Executive po ako sa Honda Cars Pasig. I'm only informing you po as a member of this forum and not as a Sales Executive. It is still your decision what you want to purchase.

I have studied the Toyota Rush na po and so happens po na with its 1.5L engine comes with a 4 speed AT only which is very somewhat old school po. So dun palang po medjo may kalakasan na sa gasolina and for the availability naman po I keep hearing that they are having problems releasing units due to shortage ng units. Storage space is tinier po than others pero small difference na lang po.

If I was to pick over the three (Xpander, BRV, Rush) I would personally choose the BRV since its transmission is a CVT and a 7 speed automatic na rin po and it is more powerful than the two competitors, producing 120HP po. Proven and tested na malakas ang engine niya even sa overload na cargo po. That is why I would really recommend it po.

If ever you have other units in mind po kahit anong brand I would be happy to help you po.
    you can contact me anytime po

here is my contact details

Kirby Lahoz
    kirbyhondacarspasig*gmail.com

pls don't spam here. thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I would personally choose the BRV since its transmission is a CVT and a 7 speed automatic na rin po
    Ayos pala dalawa transmission nu CVT and 7AT

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    with the arrival of CVT, some potential buyers now look at the standard 4AT as leprechaunous and "must be voided at all costs".
    whatever advantage the CVT has over the 4AT, is, in my opinion, not that much of a deal-breaker, just like the absence-of-reverse-cam issue.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2018 at 09:49 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CVTs were used primarily for fuel efficiency.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    CVTs were used primarily for fuel efficiency.

compared to the 4AT, i am wondering, would that be reasonably effective enough, in our metro traffic?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    compared to the 4AT, i am wondering, would that be reasonably effective enough, in our metro traffic?
    For small cars, it does not make much of a difference if you’re driving a 4AT, 5AT, 6AT, DCT, or CVT. In the case of bigger vehicles like CUVs or midsize cars, CVTs do improve fuel efficiency over older 4AT or 5AT.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For small cars, it does not make much of a difference if you’re driving a 4AT, 5AT, 6AT, DCT, or CVT. In the case of bigger vehicles like CUVs or midsize cars, CVTs do improve fuel efficiency over older 4AT or 5AT.

is it possible, we are mistaking/confusing/interchanging engine efficiency with transmission efficiency?
    i don't know...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2018 at 03:13 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    any feedback 2008 outlander vs xtrail? for example same price and same good condition

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast