New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have always bought cars on cash basis, with checques fresh from the bank.
    no issues, so far.
    but perhaps it is because, my bank accounts have financial histories that go back many years, and that as a professional, i "have every right to sport such an account".

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    The threshold is 500k -- moving that money like from savings/current to an MC would trigger questions for AMLC purposes.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    So buying the car wouldn't be a problem but the process of requesting an MC from the bank would trigger the AMLC?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Alam ko you get flagged if magpasok ka pa lang ng malaking pera sa bank, if justified then nothing to worry.

Sa case ni OP nasa bank yung pera, mag request siya MC wala na issue dun for AMLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If buying cash, dealers would suggest to have them in manager's check instead. It beats the hell out of folks counting bills.

Last year, VW and Honda asked us to prepare the amount in manager's check when we took delivery of the Jetta and Civic.
    i think everybody issues checks nowadays. if they bring cash ummm na lng ako 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have always bought cars on cash basis, with checques fresh from the bank.
    no issues, so far.
    My Dad has the same rule in our family. But when I was in grade school he paid paper bills in some instances lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner_seven View Post
    The threshold is 500k -- moving that money like from savings/current to an MC would trigger questions for AMLC purposes.
    Which bank is that? Normally they will just ask what the purpose of the MC is.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 14th, 2017 at 03:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Most car dealerships have multiple accounts with the big banks so you can do a transfer from your bank to theirs. Tipid pa ng 50 pesos vs MC ☺

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Linawin kasi natin hinde parke sinabi na cash bilhin eh Literally cold cash ang daldalhin sa dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah no need to use check

no need to even go to a bank

you can transfer money online from your account to another

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For clarification purposes, AFAIK anytime you make any single transaction worth 500K or cumulative transactions within a day, an AUTOMATIC report of the transaction gets filed at the AMLA. Also, if there is a transaction amount that is out of the ordinary for the history of the account (I cannot tell what qualifies), an automatic report is also generated. What I am also not sure about is for significant cumulative amounts or large amounts transacted over a few days.

According to the rules, AMLA officials aren't allowed to open these records unless it's part of any ongoing investigation.

Pero alam mo naman dito sa Pilipinas...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast