New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga bro, need help here.

im planning to buy an A/T car this december for my wife. any suggestions?

excellent fuel consumption (considering its a 2nd hand car and A/T pa) and cold aircon are the the most important specs that im looking for.

i still got 6 mos left to decide. so hopefully matulungan nyo ako makapagdecide

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honda city type z matic with 1.3 engine?

normally, you won't get a fuel efficient car with a matic transmission.

or you could try civic lxi 1.5L matic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    would my budget be enough for those cars?

would i still get one of those cars in good condition?

why do A/T cars consume more gas than M/T?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kendimann View Post

Because the automatic transmission is heavier, has longer gears, and has more driveline drag due to the transmission fluid and torque converter.

A torque converter: Imagine your engine turning an electric fan... no problem, right? Now, imagine it turning an electric fan dipped in oil, and there's another fan, in the oil, attached to the wheels. One fan spins in the oil, and the oil pushes the other fan, which pushes the wheels. Sounds heavy? You bet.

Of course, when the engine is spinning more than 2500 rpms, the fans are locked together and the engine drives the wheels directly. Until then, it's pushing fans through oil and drinking more gas than an engine attached to the wheels through a simple clutch...

An old 1.3 AT will drink as much gas as a 1.6 MT... or more. An old 1.6 AT will drink like an SUV sometimes.

While maintaining an old MT is no piece of cake (broken synchros, clutch, etcetera), if an old AT breaks, overhauling costs as much as overhauling an engine... and it's no guaranteed fix.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kendimann View Post

enough, but you won't get a decent car (wheels ready to go without a problem when bought) for that budget.

20% chance.

explained by sir niky already.
    try getting a 1999 Nissan Cefiro for an A/T. baka hindi umabot sa Honda yung budget mo eh. medyo malakas nga lang sa gas, and mahaba pala ang body, baka mahirapan si wife mo hehe
    Last edited by p_borj; June 24th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    excellent fuel consumption and cold aircon are the main specs that im looking for. for daily driving purposes kasi.

if A/T what do recommend? same goes to M/T

please help me make up my mind.

im planning to buy this december for my wife.

thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ---- double post ----

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    excellent fuel consumption and cold aircon are the main specs that im looking for. for daily driving purposes kasi.

if A/T what do recommend? same goes to M/T

please help me make up my mind.

im planning to buy this december for my wife.

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion, you won't find excellent fuel consumption, automatic, and 200K on the same paragraph. you'll have to choose which of the three you value more.
    i am told the 1997 honda civic 1.5 lxi automatic that you might get for 200K, gets 8 km per liter.
    today's mini cars (getz, celerio, alto, etc) will give you more decent fuel efficiency. but you can't buy 'em for 200K only.
    M/T variants will usually give 10% better fuel efficiency than their a/t counterparts.
    good luck.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    fuel efficient and cold aircon, pasok ang Suzuki Alto, pero walang A/T na Alto, pulos M/T lang so hindi pa rin pasok. and kailangan mong mag-extend nang budget pa nang 50k.

2nd hand 2007 Suzuki Alto, you can get one for 250k. at least, change oil/tune up lang and ready to go ka na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
buying car with 200k budget