New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Its really disappointing that there are some dealers that "requires" you to buy additional stuff from them or get their in house financing so that you could have an allocation from them for the "hot" cars that are really sellable and most of the time out of stock.

Recently, I had the opportunity to get a brand new car after how many years. Of course sobrang excited ako about the purchase. I did my research and needs and placed an order. After how 5 month's of waiting I checked with the dealer and found out that my queue in the waiting list didn't move.

What I did was go check out other dealers and placed reservations, others accepted my reservation fee without any additional requirements. Unfortunately, there are some dealers with actual units available who really tells you in order to get the unit you need to get this, this, this, and in house insurance.

I understand that its business decision and main objective is to maximize profit pero sobrang kawawa lang talaga if you saved money to buy this car then all of sudden you were told that you need to save a couple of hundred thousands pesos more to get the required accessories and insurance.

So bottom line, I stuck with my guns and insisted to get the bare unit and hoping to get my allocation soon because I feel that the additional stuff is not required and I refuse to part with my hard earned money on additional items that I had not planned nor wanted in the first place.

Kudos to those dealers who accomodates customers who actually serve them on what they want and not force them to get additional accessories.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sounds very Isuzu.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    For me it is just a matter of how much you are willing to pay for that vehicle.
    And the payment includes what you call the "required".

Some people are willing to pay additional money - some are not. As long as supply is short and there are people willing to pay more to get prioritized for a particular model, things like this will continue to happen.

Change dealers or change your preferred vehicle model.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TS

For the benefit of others, can you please identify what vehicle and dealership are you talking about?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I just go to the casa and tell them I want this model and ask how long I have to wait. If I don't like the answer I get, I just leave. There are other sources...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Like a boss!!! Go with what satisfies your preferences, its your hard earned money afterall. Dont let them lure you into their traps. it is much better to be hard to get, than the latter.