New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    gas ka nalang. mas tahimik and in the long ran mas mura i maintain ang gas engine. try to compute cost to operate mo in let us say 100000kms. yung 100k na matitipid mo in buying the gas fed one baka 2-3years mo ng pang gas yun

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm... gas engines can be built to deliver immense low-end torque too hehe

money no object, siguro sa gas nalang ako hehe, more comfortable.

if im going off-road, then the diesel's aftermarket support, greater touring range, etc etc will be better, but then again, if i'm going far enough off-road that these are important considerations, magpapatrol nalang ako!!!

kaya sa gas na ako hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    gas.my dad has an expedition and it is really different in terms of comfort,especially during out of towns escapade with my family.pagod kami pag baguio pag diesel ang dala.iba talaga pag gas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha, may kasama na ako--si mbt! :D

pero diesel pa rin. mas magrasa and mas madumi. mas masaya! hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by bad driver
    hey pajkid!

Aren't you worried about the kind of diesel we have in our country? won't I have emission problems in a few years?

will my car be vibrating like a jeepney? hehe!

Practicallity wise, the Diesel wins hands down, but what the hell are we buying a 2.35-2.45m vehicle for if we wanna be practical hehe....
    Dude, do a test drive para you'll see for yourself what i mean Both has advantages, kaya lang nga i'm more for torque kasi.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i don't want to ruffle any feathers, but i just want to tackle the comfort issue that was raised a few replies back, the one saying gas-fed is more comfortable as compared to diesel-fed.

i fail to see how this can be, especially with the gen 3 pajero when both are automatic na and the interior is identical.

if you are comparing an expedition and a gen 2.5 pajero, then of course, the expedition is more comfortable inside.

just remember though that a gen 2.5 pajero has a resale value of P950,000 and above while you can see some low mileage expeditions being sold for P850,000 or so

tama nga sila, test drive both variants, and then input all other factors like fuel, maintennance and resale value.

andy

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    the contention of the "gas" boys is comfort due to the vibrations of the diesel... it's a seat-of-the-pants thing whether you'll notice it or not... kaya wala nang kulitan! Test-Drive, tapos i-post yung results.... :D :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've driven both... and i can vouch of the diesel's low end punch. (Wasnt given enough road to strech the Gas' legs though)

Hehehe. Napapraning na siguro si Bad Driver :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Vibrations? Sanayan lang 'yan. I'd like to think na dinuduyan ako ng Bogeymachine tuwing naka-idle ako sa traffic. And don't forget, hindi ka man mag-offroad, sigurado pa sa sweldo na makakaranas kang dumaan sa baha. That's where you'll be needing diesel reliability.

At the very least, the diesel engine vibration is a very good sign na buhay pa ang makina mo at hindi ka pa tumitirik. :lol:

Real men drive diesel, nyahahahahaha! :cool:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 25th, 2004 at 12:20 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir pk. how do you compare 4m41 and 4m40 in terms of vibration and noise? direct vs indirect injection. parang isuzu direct injection ba? di pa kasi ako nakadrive ng gen 3. 4d56 mas tahimik and less vibs vs 4m40. imho

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Buying ALL NEW PAJ.  GAS OR DIESEL... HELP!!!!