New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Help guys. I'm seriously thingking of getting a civic. 2nd owned na. Open DOS yung hawak nung 2nd owner. Any snags i'll encounter sa transfer nito? I-loan ko kasi sa company namin yung payment. Requirement of course is to have it registered under my name.

Thanks!

pag open deeds, you just need a copy of the original owners' ID ok na yun.

blanko naman yung vendee side, ikaw na mag-fill up nun. pa notaryo then lipat mo na agad. lumalabas na ahente yung kausap mo...as if parang dumirekta ka lang sa owner. pero siyempre, TMG and LTO check and cleared mo muna bago ang full pay! just to be sure.

pag yung deeds of sale ay nakapangalan sa second owner(kausap mo)- not open deeds of sale - at di pa nalilipat sa pangalan nya, medyo dadagdag ka ng xerox-- id ng original owner at id ng nakapangalan sa deeds, ung 2 deeds of sale papanotaryo mo, tapos pareho mo papasa sa LTO kung saan nakaindicate sa CR.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Be very careful in open dos. First thing you do, go to PNP TMG and check if the car is not carnapped. Then, go to LTO where the car is registered and check if the registration matches with the OR, CR shown to you. Now, if above things are ok, here's the bad part: in getting police clearance for the car, PNP TMg will require you to pay double, one for the first transfer and another for second transfer in your favor. The same thing will also happen at the LTO.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I saw the DOS of the 2nd hand car i'm buying. Kaso, the car is still registered under the name of the original owner. Hindi pa pala na-transfer nung 2nd owner sa name nya. ano magiging steps ko this time in purchasing it? Sino pipirma sa deed of sale namin, yung orig owner or the 2nd owner?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    If it's an open DOS the original owner should have signed the document as vendor already and a blank space for the vendee. The one holding the DOS merely acts as agent in the transaction. Make sure you check the vehicle first with the LTO and PNP for discrepancies and negative reports. If it's clean you may need an endorsement from the original owner to transfer the insurance policy to your name, but if it's merely a TPL and there's resistance from the vendor you can just get a new TPL.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    kung wala aberya yang bibilhin mo...particularly kung walang "encumbrance" o utang, just make sure you have the ff:

1. DOS properly filled up and signed by original owner w/ cedula info
    2. Photocopies of original owner's 2 valid IDs w/ 4 specimen signatures (must be same as in valid IDs)
    3. O.R.
    4. C.R. (dito makikita kung may encumbrance o wala)

LTO will tell you what to do for the rest of the requirements (like PNP clearance, TMG, etc)

visit LTO's website for complete details on this, bro

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I saw the Deed of Sale, hindi pala open.. signed by the company and yung present owner, kaso hindi na nya napa-transfer sa name nya, so yung CR is still under the company's name. Yung space na "encumbered to" ay may naka-print na set of numbers. Pero sa DOS naka-state na free yung car from any liens or encumbrances.

ano steps ko ngayon in registering it under my name?

Buying 2nd owned car with existing open DOS