New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hey guys! need your advise. I'm planning to buy my first car early next year. Anu po masasabi nyo sa target ko as my first car. Any info will be very much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    In buying a 2nd hand car, always get the newest one you can find out there. The B13 Sentra ECCS is a fine car. Its got good handling- the last one of its kind to feature four wheel independent suspension. As well as a strong engine, which has a very good power-to-weight ratio due to the smaller body compared to others of its class. But the design is a bit plain and interior is cramped. Also, try to avoid the A/T if possible as it saps up quite a bit of its performance and makes for heavy fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Get a the best maintained unit as possible. For your budget, that is the best choice IMO. I would suggest you getting a manual though.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ntra_e_page_11

click the link on their review of the Sentra. The test vehicle is mechanically identical on the Sentra that was sold here from 92-94, yet ours have better equipment and appearance. HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ooops, sorry that unit had a non power assisted steering and 4MT. Local SS models have 5 speeds and full power amenities.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks everyone! I still can't decide what to buy...with a very limited budget, guess would have to take the risk...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    BTW, i will be using it mainly as a service from home-work-home (Novalichez-The fort).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    You'll need an A/T, sobrang trapik ang the fort area. Siguro easy on the gas pedal nalang kung kukuha ka ng A/T at malakas nga sa gas.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Do you think sir, how much would be its gas consumption per day from NOVA to FORT?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    up ko lang. my daily driver before i replaced it with a Honda SiR was a B13 ECCS. I truly miss the car. The body was extremely light and engine is, based on a lot of feedback , very good. Added Modified air filter/headers and it was a sweet thing to drive. I used to drive this car like crazy on open streets just to get some adrenaline rush. hehe Its a given, AC for this car is also good.

For a 15 year old car, You're gonna replace a lot of parts, but they are abundant. Also, it has a timing chain, so no need to worry. My only complain is suspension aint good, partly because i lowered the car, and it doesnt ride very well (compared to a Honda if lowered). It also has some issues with Idling, a weakness for early generation EFi. But overall, i wish i kept this car for those rare times you crave to drive them. Uu nga pala, did you get one? ;)

Buying 2nd hand Nissan ECCS 92, 93 or 94 A/T:: Newbie here