New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi there experts, im new to cars came from a bigbike. i really dont know much of cars, im planning to buy a 2nd hand car from sulit.com, these are my options

- Honda civic 2003 VTIs A/T
    - Honda civic 2003 VTI M/T
    - Honda civic 2003 LXI M/T

- Lancer 2003 MX

- Toyota MR2 1995 up converted or Orig LHD

my budget is around 300-350k. im really a newbie on cars really want to know the basic information about this models.

im sure the MR2 is just for style not really sure about the maintenance.

and about the civic's and Lancer. which is best in terms of

Fuel,
    monthly maintenance,
    availablity of parts,
    and what are the things to look or know before buying the unit (hope not a victim of ondoy).

also is it safe to buy cars at sulit.com?

thanks for your will be advices, will highly appreciate it. will be using the car mainly in metro and sometimes out of town like tagatay or subic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Since you are still considering couple of compacts. I assume it'll be your only car. I suggest you scrap the MR2 out of your list.

Between the two, im partial with the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks sir for the quick reply, by the way, anyreason for the civic vote?

also ditch the MR2's, why po any issues with MR's? like ko kasi yun style niya.

thanks for your additional input sir

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sa akin kasi, kapag 1st car, dapat all rounder but it's just me. it is still all up to your preferrence, after all it is your money.

a sedan is a good errands hopper, may also be modified to perform like a sporty car, may be used as a family car.

im partial to the Civic, primarily because it has a superiorly performing engine. it is fast and fuel efficient. feels more solid inside too than the Lancer.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks sir,

by the way just read some topic about buying second hand cars, they say sentra has that myth of having a low resale value? kaya i didnt put it in my list.

kung harley lang yan for sure i can distinguish if its a good or a bad one hehehe. thanks again sir

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Cruiser pala hilig mong bike. Mas pabor nga sa mga gusto ng second hand car dahil mas mura nila itong mabibili at reliable pa at malakas aircon pwedeng panlaban sa matagalang traffic at init ng panahon. Goodluck na lang sa pipilin mong sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hanns76 View Post
    thanks sir,

by the way just read some topic about buying second hand cars, they say sentra has that myth of having a low resale value? kaya i didnt put it in my list.

kung harley lang yan for sure i can distinguish if its a good or a bad one hehehe. thanks again sir
    The Sentra does have low resale... which means you can get a newer one within your budget. Same with the Lynx.... 350 is enough to get you a top-of-the-line RS with a 2 liter engine and a sunroof.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Sentra does have low resale... which means you can get a newer one within your budget. Same with the Lynx.... 350 is enough to get you a top-of-the-line RS with a 2 liter engine and a sunroof.
    + 1 with the RS. Lancer sana kaya lang...

maganda rin ang RS.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic ako in this one for reasons of reliability over the Lancer and for reasons of practicality over the M2...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Between your choices ....

Honda Civic VTI-s ako. Top of the line kasi eh. Why go to the level of the LXi when you can afford the VTIs ? :hihihi:

Lancer 03, forget it. Pangit.

MR2, not worth the time. Marami pa hassle.

Ford RS, if you're considering this ... dito ako. Hehe, maganda eh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
buying a 2nd hand car Civic 03, Lancer 03, MR2