New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Mga sir medyo naguguluhan lang po talga ako eh haha
    Di ko po alam kung Suv po ba o ung sedan o kung anung size ng car
    Di ko rin po alam kung alin ang tatama sa fuel efficient at good performance na kotse haha
    Di ko rin alam kung pano malalaman kung nabaho o hindi yung kotse aha
    Help naman po mga sir??
    yung car po kase gagamitin bilang family car tapos po mga after 2years eh magiging akin na pag naging loaded na sched ko sa college.
    Advise po?
    Salamat! )

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just like beauty, car ownership is a relative thing. i can tell you my choice, but i am sure someone else out there will not agree with my choice, because he has his own choice.
    i wish i can guide you, but i am sure you have values different from mine.
    what i can suggest is, get a popular model that you can honestly afford. there must be a good reason why a model is popular....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    just like beauty, car ownership is a relative thing. i can tell you my choice, but i am sure someone else out there will not agree with my choice, because he has his own choice.
    i wish i can guide you, but i am sure you have values different from mine.
    what i can suggest is, get a popular model that you can honestly afford. there must be a good reason why a model is popular....
    Thanks for the advice sir ) uhm can you tell me one of your choice that you can advise me to? Thanks ;)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    things to consider:
    1. what is your budget? including maintenance.. including gas. brand new or pre-owned?
    2. how will it be used?
    -ilan ang sakakay? gaano kalaki sila?
    -anong klaseng trapik sasabak? highway ba? quiapo traffic? cemented or asphalted surface? cattle trail? binabaha?
    -kung nasa prubinsya ka, anong mabibili sa auto parts stores? baka kasi walang piyesa doon ang brand mo..

but if it were me, i'd get a toyota.. vios.. altis.. innova. brand new or used. i bought an innova in 2005. i was so happy with it, i just bought another one, a 2012 innova..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carfinder00 View Post
    Mga sir medyo naguguluhan lang po talga ako eh haha
    Di ko po alam kung Suv po ba o ung sedan o kung anung size ng car
    Di ko rin po alam kung alin ang tatama sa fuel efficient at good performance na kotse haha
    Di ko rin alam kung pano malalaman kung nabaho o hindi yung kotse aha
    Help naman po mga sir??
    yung car po kase gagamitin bilang family car tapos po mga after 2years eh magiging akin na pag naging loaded na sched ko sa college.
    Advise po?
    Salamat! )
    Kung ako. Ako lang ah. I will go for the best compromise. I always prefer a car with high ground clearance, especially if you have no other car available. For practicality purposes, fuel efficiency always comes first before performance. I'd get the more fuel efficient car and if I want the car to go faster, I'd throw in some bolt on mods. Bring a trusted mechanic that is familiar with the car you are looking for when visiting. Check for mud and rust in hard-to-reach places and see if all electronics are working.

In picking your car, it is important to know how many people will usually be riding, what kind of route you usually run, and of course, what you expect of your car.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    things to consider:
    1. what is your budget? including maintenance.. including gas. brand new or pre-owned?
    2. how will it be used?
    -ilan ang sakakay? gaano kalaki sila?
    -anong klaseng trapik sasabak? highway ba? quiapo traffic? cemented or asphalted surface? cattle trail? binabaha?
    -kung nasa prubinsya ka, anong mabibili sa auto parts stores? baka kasi walang piyesa doon ang brand mo..

but if it were me, i'd get a toyota.. vios.. altis.. innova. brand new or used. i bought an innova in 2005. i was so happy with it, i just bought another one, a 2012 innova..
    Thanks for the advise sir ! :D i prefer to buy 2nd hand because of unly 370k budget. I'm from batangas sir and there is only a low possibility on traffics. and were only 4 in the family maybe a 5 seater will do and a space for some tings. Thank you! I'll put that on my list sr BTw po i want it in manual haha :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung ako. Ako lang ah. I will go for the best compromise. I always prefer a car with high ground clearance, especially if you have no other car available. For practicality purposes, fuel efficiency always comes first before performance. I'd get the more fuel efficient car and if I want the car to go faster, I'd throw in some bolt on mods. Bring a trusted mechanic that is familiar with the car you are looking for when visiting. Check for mud and rust in hard-to-reach places and see if all electronics are working.

In picking your car, it is important to know how many people will usually be riding, what kind of route you usually run, and of course, what you expect of your car.
    Thanks for the advise sir! :D Napaisip nga din po ako na parang mas maganda kung mas mataas yung sasakyan haha. Anu po kaya yung mga auto na fuel efficient? We're just 4 in the family and our route were usually travelling has less traffic because were only here in Batangas. Thanks for the tips on how to know if the car is flooded :D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carfinder00 View Post
    Thanks for the advise sir! :D Napaisip nga din po ako na parang mas maganda kung mas mataas yung sasakyan haha. Anu po kaya yung mga auto na fuel efficient? We're just 4 in the family and our route were usually travelling has less traffic because were only here in Batangas. Thanks for the tips on how to know if the car is flooded :D
    Ah, Batangas... So your route is mostly highway-like? Wide open roads with minimal traffic? I suppose this way it wouldn't hurt if you get a gasoline CUV. Since you live in the province where there is minimal traffic, get the manual for better gas mileage and performance. I was thinking if you would like the 2nd gen CRV M/T? It fits your budget and is basically a Civic on stilts, with a strengthened platform and more seats- the only CUV to offer 3rd row seating at that. Though not very comfortable, the extra seating is pretty useful when you need it. I'm not so sure about this so correct me if I'm wrong here. If it is classified as commercial vehicle on the papers due to the infamous "ten cheater" controversy, yearly registration may actually be cheaper than a similar 2.0L 5 seater CUV.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    You mentioned you want a fuel efficient vehicle with a manual, tas mataas rin. It must seat 5 people with 370k as your budget. I will include some 7 seater vehicles in the list.

My top choice would be the:
    2006-2009 Hyundai Tucson - 2.0 Gas MT (kung makahanap ka)

Seven seater models na pwede mo tignan:
    Toyota Revo (2002-2005 models)l - 2.4 Diesel MT
    Mitsubishi Adventure diesel MT

Good luck shopping!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah, Batangas... So your route is mostly highway-like? Wide open roads with minimal traffic? I suppose this way it wouldn't hurt if you get a gasoline CUV. Since you live in the province where there is minimal traffic, get the manual for better gas mileage and performance. I was thinking if you would like the 2nd gen CRV M/T? It fits your budget and is basically a Civic on stilts, with a strengthened platform and more seats- the only CUV to offer 3rd row seating at that. Though not very comfortable, the extra seating is pretty useful when you need it. I'm not so sure about this so correct me if I'm wrong here. If it is classified as commercial vehicle on the papers due to the infamous "ten cheater" controversy, yearly registration may actually be cheaper than a similar 2.0L 5 seater CUV.
    Thank you po Sir! :D Mga what year po ba yung mga 2nd gen na CRV?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast