New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    need help in deciding which car to buy, primary concerns are fuel efficiency for home-work-home drive bacoor-makati-bacoor and quality (cheaper parts, less maintenance) since i will be driving it myself with no immediate guy (or auto techie) in the family in case it breaks down. first on the list is vios 2006 used as hotel transport service and others are in the links below, im wondering how come these are way too cheaper compared to sedans, considering that these are the bigger ones.no idea at all in car-related concerns. in fact, still pursuing driving class. one more thing, ive read quite a number of threads and said for efficiency, better get manual, is it true?

Honda Odyssey AT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Others AT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Serena AT - 08 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph

appreciate any thoughts. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cinecheska View Post
    need help in deciding which car to buy, primary concerns are fuel efficiency for home-work-home drive bacoor-makati-bacoor and quality (cheaper parts, less maintenance) since i will be driving it myself with no immediate guy (or auto techie) in the family in case it breaks down. first on the list is vios 2006 used as hotel transport service and others are in the links below, im wondering how come these are way too cheaper compared to sedans, considering that these are the bigger ones.no idea at all in car-related concerns. in fact, still pursuing driving class. one more thing, ive read quite a number of threads and said for efficiency, better get manual, is it true?

Honda Odyssey AT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Others AT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Serena AT - 08 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph

They're Japanese imports, kaya mas mababa ang presyo nila . i'll say dont risk with them

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're getting these kinds of cars, better make sure of the reliability of the conversion before buying. A well converted car, however, is as pleasurable to own as an original LHD unit. Even better in fact due to added features. Just make sure you are able to source spare parts for it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "2007" and "2008" are a lie. Those are the dates the vehicles were registered in the Philippines, but given the price, it's a sure bet they're about 20 years old.

(Looks at ads)...

Hmph... only the Toyota is left, and that's a 1996 Previa/Estima/Lucida. Bull.

The problem with mid-engined vans like that is the cooling is poor, and I've seen diesel Lucidas pulled over on the side of the road in a cloud of smoke.

They're nice and comfortable, but take it from me, (family has a Previa) they're not a piece of cake to take care of.

Why go for a van with questionable reliability, a lack of local parts availability and questionable conversion when you could just buy a local diesel van that's more economical and rugged for about 50k more?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, i do not recommend grey seconds to persons who know very little about cars. i recommend you stick to locally sourced vehicles. parts are more available, mechanics more knowledgeable, road-worthiness less questionable, and more government-friendly.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Buy the '96-'00 civic or city. Make sure to have it checked by your trusted mechanic and get the service records and I highly prefer you get units that are "all-stock"

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    just get a type z city.

they're one of the best options you can have around aside from the usual corollas and sentras

8. Join Date
    May 2010

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cinecheska View Post
    need help in deciding which car to buy, primary concerns are fuel efficiency for home-work-home drive bacoor-makati-bacoor and quality (cheaper parts, less maintenance) since i will be driving it myself with no immediate guy (or auto techie) in the family in case it breaks down. one more thing, ive read quite a number of threads and said for efficiency, better get manual, is it true?

mukhang mga japanese surplus nga po yata yung mga choices nyo. anyway, not really true about fc between 'matic and manual. still a lot will depend on your driving style. whether matic or manual naman, just don't be a leaded-foot driver.

buying 2nd hand car for 200k budget