New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    ^
    let's wait and see if TS can convince her friend. he have 9 months to do so, with the help of our posts here.
    - - -

btw, may nabasa ako dati na post dito. parang ganito.."nothing beats the smell of a brand new car...". baka ganun ang naiisip ng friend nya.
    If you want that "new car" smell in an older second hand car, ito yung sagot mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    Last 2010, I also bought a brand new car. Mataas dp ko para mapababa ang monthly amortization to around 13k. It was good for the first two months. Pero when the gas price started to increase, awts butas ang bulsa. Parang 44 pesos ata per liter nung kinuha ko yung car. Pero ngayon, 56 pesos na ata. I was earning around 40k net monthly that time. pero umabot na nag nenegative balance ata ako. so quick fix was not to use the car daily. siguro two weeks na ginagamit then 2 weeks na nasa grahe lang. mahal din kasi parking. around 100+ daily ang parking. then toll fees kapag umuuwi probinsya. Napapailing mom ko noon pag nakikita nya parking tickets ko at toll fee tickets...

ngayon tipid mode ako. wala car kasi naaksidente. 3mos na nasa casa.

This shall serve as an eye opener on those who are planning to buy a car. Consider niyo muna ang budget niyo before owning one.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^
    car freshener
    ^
    in a literal sense.
    - - -

the way I interpret that phrase before was no other headaches /problems ... except for the monthly ammortization..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the mistake people make is not factoring in the expenses that come with owning a car

and i'm not only talking about fuel and parking and maintenance

and i'm not only talking about the stuff you spend customizing your car

owning a car changes your lifestyle

pag may car ka na mas gusto mo lumabas. mas madalas ka kakain sa labas. mas madalas ka mag shopping. mas madalas ka gigimik

car ownership is a step up in standard of living. so syempre tataas ang cost of living mo

you're really shortsighted if you only consider the downpayment and how much money you have to set aside for monthly payments

it's way more than that

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the mistake people make is not factoring in the expenses that come with owning a car

pag may car ka na mas gusto mo lumabas. mas madalas ka kakain sa labas. mas madalas ka mag shopping. mas madalas ka gigimik

car ownership is a step up in standard of living. so syempre tataas ang cost of living mo

you're really shortsighted if you only consider the downpayment and how much money you have to set aside for monthly payments

it's way more than that

Amen to that.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009

it's way more than that
    ^
    agree, except for the one in blue. it depends on the person. in my case, not used to it. (I had a heated argument/ word war with my colleague because of this. )

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and there's car wash and detailing...

tapos eto mga friends mo sasabihin sayo palitan mo ng mags, palitan mo ng head unit, lagyan ng separates, amps, subs

naghuhulugan ka pa sa car mo tapos lumalaki credit card balance mo

haha
    Last edited by uls; February 17th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    ^
    agree, except for the one in blue. it depends on the person. in my case, not used to it. (I had a heated argument/ word war with my colleague because of this. )
    well, kanya kanya yan

but most people would go out more

maybe other people buy car to display sa garahe... commute parin iwan car sa bahay

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sounds like she's trying to keep up with people around her
    +1. Mahirap na kung isa sa factor yung pride. Wala tayong laban dyan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    at kung maghahanap ka ng apartment for rent, kailangan may parking slot na. dagdag gastos pa.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
To BUY or NOT to BUY a Car