New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Will she get free gas from her work?
    Free parking from work?

If the total cost difference between commuting and driving to work is the same, and assuming she can afford to pay for the
    car without getting into financial trouble then she should go for it. Its really convenient to have a car, especially during rain.

Also in case if she does get into financial trouble because of the car, will her parents / siblings be able to help her ba? Pag may safety
    net siguro siya then ok lang i-gamble. Because from the looks of it, she will not listen anyway

Just educate her that owning a car means never ending gastos. Gas, parking, car wash (or buy stuff to wash your own car), pms.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    save up and buy a late model used

cash

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^
    if 40K is a gross salary, that is almost 28K net, more or less.
    if she is, as GH mentioned too, living with her parents and no other expenses, she can earn around P180K by december. I guess she can afford it. The dp is already a 'money on hand.'
    - - - -
    TS, is your friend knows how to drive already and have a license? meron kasi iba na nagi-start ng thread as "new driver", 'wala masyado alam sa car", etc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is the classic American Vicious Circle catching up with our youth......

14.9K:kodak:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dami kasi naka brand new car ngayon

everybody wanna keep up with everybody hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    nakalagay pala brand new and it is non negotiable.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    To buy a car yes kasi necessity na din yan ngayon kahit papaano.
    Pero yung isara mo ang isip mo na brand new lang ang gusto mo and you have limitations financially hindi na praktikal yun, you're buying a car to impress na yun and not out of necessity.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

that's what i'm getting from the 1st post

what the hell is wrong with buying used? nakakahiya ba?

o baka gusto brand new para walang problema

but if you buy an excellent condition used late model wala din problema

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^
    let's wait and see if TS can convince her friend. he have 9 months to do so, with the help of our posts here.
    - - -

btw, may nabasa ako dati na post dito. parang ganito.."nothing beats the smell of a brand new car...". baka ganun ang naiisip ng friend nya.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last 2010, I also bought a brand new car. Mataas dp ko para mapababa ang monthly amortization to around 13k. It was good for the first two months. Pero when the gas price started to increase, awts butas ang bulsa. Parang 44 pesos ata per liter nung kinuha ko yung car. Pero ngayon, 56 pesos na ata. I was earning around 40k net monthly that time. pero umabot na nag nenegative balance ata ako. so quick fix was not to use the car daily. siguro two weeks na ginagamit then 2 weeks na nasa grahe lang. mahal din kasi parking. around 100+ daily ang parking. then toll fees kapag umuuwi probinsya. Napapailing mom ko noon pag nakikita nya parking tickets ko at toll fee tickets...

ngayon tipid mode ako. wala car kasi naaksidente. 3mos na nasa casa.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
To BUY or NOT to BUY a Car