New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi,
    My mom is thinking of buying my dad a car for his 50th birthday. The choices are MB Eclass, BMW 5series, and Audi A6. My dad said he wanted a car that has many "high-tech" features. Which one do we choose? And also please enumerate the "high-Tech" features the car have.

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by web99992002 View Post
    Hi,
    My mom is thinking of buying my dad a car for his 50th birthday. The choices are MB Eclass, BMW 5series, and Audi A6. My dad said he wanted a car that has many "high-tech" features. Which one do we choose? And also please enumerate the "high-Tech" features the car have.

Thanks guys
    wow! yaman nyo bro ah... pangregalo lang.
    among the choices, i would go for the BMW 5 series. mix of sports looks and executive looks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    idol!!! pautang....hehhehe can't comment walang experince sa ganyan mga luxury cars...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro, check mo mga back issues ng Top Gear Philippines. I think I saw an issue where there was a head to head ng mga ganyang luxury cars. Unfortunately for me di pa ako nakasubok ng ganyang mamamahaling mga oto. Pagnagkataong nakabili na kayo, daananan mo naman ako, punta tayo UP diliman, kain tayo isaw sa tabi ng daan. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i would get the 5 series kahit un 523i lang or better yet... the 530d. but for high tech features masmarami ata yun Lexus LS460L im not sure though

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Will your mom buy your dad a brand new luxury car, or a used one?

Those are wholly different situations.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If I were you, my mom and I will go for the bmw 530d/xd series E 60/61.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 kay mbeige... used or brand new... totally different...

If your dad is going to spend most of his time in the back seat, a new A6 or E-Class might suit him better... but then, personally, the best back seat really is in a 7-series or an S-Class... ...you could go for a Jaguar XJ, as they tend to be cheaper per spec than the German cars, and have a very luxurious feel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ang condition lng namin in buying a used car is kung 5000kms or below lng xa... otherwise,, brand new and kukunin

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    do consider that the E class came out in 2002, the 5series came out in 2003, therefore, all new models of these would soon come out of the market around 08-09.

MB will have more features against BMW, thats bcoz bmw phils has specd their cars with less options than cats, thats what ived seen way back 02-03 when i was looking at these sedans. MB will also feel far more luxurious than bmw.

BTW, if you've never got a european car before, the more electronic "toys" its loaded with, the more things that might go wrong in the future.

some toys that have gone wrong in my previous car-->

battery drain caused by memory seats
    side mirror auto tilt while reversing stopped working
    auto up/down steering column (easy entry) randomly doesnt go down
    auto climate control with sun sensor, 4 zone temp control, poor airflow
    xenon lamps auto leveling function-----needs resetting after underchassis repair
    moonroof auto open/close function----randomly stops in between
    anti-jam power windows, goes down wen hitting bumps during closing operation
    SRS error message
    ABS/Brake assist error message
    annoying SERVICE due message (Assyst)

But at the end of the day, i still love european cars, almost a decade of owning has got me used to the "bugs" inherent in these nice cars.

If u want an alternative, go see LEXUS, its one fine reliable car, though it doesnt have the "feel" of german marks.

be sure to test drive, 7 speed G-Tronic transmissions are "jerky" compared to previous 5 speed autos. dont believe in all the "techy" terminologies.

If i were to choose between A6, E class, 5series, i would go with either the 5 or E.

Spend the extra dough, get a new Lexus LS460 or S class W221. The 7series is getting old.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which to buy?