New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Before buying, make sure to test drive the car. Coming from an Altis, the ride will be a lot stiffer. It will not be comfortable for passengers. The WRX STi will be a bone jarring experience for rear seat passengers.

If buying the WRX or WRX STi, rev the car past 2500 rpm (up to 5500 rpm), torque peaks at this rpm range. You should feel the car pulling hard while pushing you down in your seat as the turbo spools to provide more boost. Driving it below turbo spool rpm range will just feel like driving the usual 2.0L-2.5L NA engine. These cars love to be revved hard.

I want a WRX too but as a family man, there are more needs than just the thrill of a sporty compact. I am happy with my Forester XT - quick, fast, comfortable ride, plus big cargo space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    matagal pa naman bago maging family man sir so enjoy muna. hehe. thank you po!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Since you already have a practical Altis, why not go for the BRZ/86? You've mentioned that this will be a weekend car and that you're still not a family man, so you don't really have to think of the need for a 5-seater. I say enjoy the freedom to have a two-door while you still can. Unless your heart yearns for the WRX/STI, that is.

I own neither BRZ/86 nor WRX for now, but I plan on getting a Miata in a couple years' time in addition to my current FC Civic, so I'm "kinda" seeing myself in your shoes too.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Since you already have a practical Altis, why not go for the BRZ/86? You've mentioned that this will be a weekend car and that you're still not a family man, so you don't really have to think of the need for a 5-seater. I say enjoy the freedom to have a two-door while you still can. Unless your heart yearns for the WRX/STI, that is.

I own neither BRZ/86 nor WRX for now, but I plan on getting a Miata in a couple years' time in addition to my current FC Civic, so I'm "kinda" seeing myself in your shoes too.
    kaya nililista ko din talaga advantages ng isa't isa para wala din akong pagsisihan pag my nakita na akong unit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    kaya nililista ko din talaga advantages ng isa't isa para wala din akong pagsisihan pag my nakita na akong unit.
    If you really want to have something with two doors, then go with the BRZ. There are only a few cars locally available with a 2-door, front engine, rear wheel drive setup. It is light and nimble but still not as quick/fast as the WRX or WRX STi - an intelligent AWD system with a turbo engine has its own advantages.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    If you really want to have something with two doors, then go with the BRZ. There are only a few cars locally available with a 2-door, front engine, rear wheel drive setup. It is light and nimble but still not as quick/fast as the WRX or WRX STi - an intelligent AWD system with a turbo engine has its own advantages.

with 86 and brz paps, what will be your choice?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    with 86 and brz paps, what will be your choice?
    The BRZ has a stiffer suspension setup than the 86 thus it handles better on the track. However, the coupe brings the bling but not much of the speed.

I would suggest though the WRX as it can be a daily driver. The WRX STi is too stiff to be driven daily.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    BRZ pluses: Simple NA/RWD. Aside from M/Ts, it's the lone Sub left w/ a non-CVT. Better longterm reliability & keeper potential.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost
    I'd go BRZ over WRX if you won't need the space....but, like justin_'s....an MX5 ND2 over the BRZ.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    BRZ pluses: Simple NA/RWD. Aside from M/Ts, it's the lone Sub left w/ a non-CVT. Better longterm reliability & keeper potential.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost
    I'd go BRZ over WRX if you won't need the space....but, like justin_'s....an MX5 ND2 over the BRZ.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost

TS is looking at MT variants. The BRZ, WRX, and WRX STi are the only Subie vehicles available with an MT tranny.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TS is looking at MT variants. The BRZ, WRX, and WRX STi are the only Subie vehicles available with an MT tranny.

Hence the mention of 'aside fr MTs', bai.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost...in case he might switch.
    The coming G80 M3 & G82 M4 are ditching the DCTs & going back to torque converter A/Ts for durability. The good news is these updated nonCVT A/Ts have now caught up & wiped out the DCT weight & shift time advantage.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hence the mention of 'aside fr MTs', bai.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost...in case he might switch.
    The coming G80 M3 & G82 M4 are ditching the DCTs & going back to torque converter A/Ts for durability. The good news is these updated nonCVT A/Ts have now caught up & wiped out the DCT weight & shift time advantage.BRZ/86 PMS Cost vs. WRX PMS cost

Even the new M5 comes with an 8-speed AT instead of the usual 7-speed DCT.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast