New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Hi guys,
    Planning on getting a used 86/brz or wrx and will be using as a sunday car. Kamusta PMS cost nitong dalawa if outside casa ipapaservice like motech? alin ba ang mas reliable? kamusta kaya mga presyo ng wear-and-tear parts nito? i like the wrx since praktikal sya, 4door and ung rumble sound<3 pero nagwoworry ako sa magiging PMS. Currently own a 2016 altis and around 4-5k lang gastos ko every PMS. Salamat mga boss!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    Hi guys,
    Planning on getting a used 86/brz or wrx and will be using as a sunday car. Kamusta PMS cost nitong dalawa if outside casa ipapaservice like motech? alin ba ang mas reliable? kamusta kaya mga presyo ng wear-and-tear parts nito? i like the wrx since praktikal sya, 4door and ung rumble sound<3 pero nagwoworry ako sa magiging PMS. Currently own a 2016 altis and around 4-5k lang gastos ko every PMS. Salamat mga boss!
    The WRX is quicker and faster (more powerful turbo engine) than the BRZ but the BRZ drives better as some would say. The WRX is more practical as it can sit 5 people and with a good-sized trunk. If you’re the family man and you need more luggage space, you can opt for the Forester XT as it shares the same turbo engine also as the WRX.

In terms of maintenance, you just need to follow the prescribed maintenance guidelines listed in the manual. Both the WRX and BRZ share the same engine platform (FA20) except the WRX has a turbocharger. A normal change oil requires 5.5L of FS oil, 5w30 viscosity, API SN/ILSAC GF5 rating plus the specific oil filter for the FA20. Air filter and cabin filter needs replacement every year. Gear oil and differential oil requires change every 40k km. For the CVT-equipped WRX, CVT fluid change is required every 40k km.

Don’t just bring it to any auto shop. Bring it to shops that specialize on Subaru vehicles. Suggested shops are FusionR in QC, 2211 Performance in Manila, and GAT Performance in Parañaque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Basic oil change? Halos pareho lng naman.. 4-6L or so of oil.. the air filter and the ac filter might be more but not that much.

The brake pads will cost abit more but not that expensive.

Coolant change every 2years or so..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Basic oil change? Halos pareho lng naman.. 4-6L or so of oil.. the air filter and the ac filter might be more but not that much.

The brake pads will cost abit more but not that expensive.

Coolant change every 2years or so..
    You would need to buy 6L or 6 quarts of oil for the FA20. Prices vary from 400 to 700 per liter depending on the brand. The stock Subaru oil filter is 600.

For the brake pads, a Brembo OEM replacement costs around 4K for the front and 3k for the rear.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Facts

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Facts
    It pays to know your engine when you want to save in maintenance cost. I opted to service my FXT outside casa after its 2nd year.

Another thing to watch out with a Subie are the front lower arm bushings which usually give out around 30k km. Also, with a WRX, expect tires to wear out faster compared to other cars. You will be lucky to have those stock tires last 30k km specially if you like to drive with revs up to 6k rpm.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    thanks mga sir. ba't ung ibang nababasa ko parang ang OA ng PMS when it comes to subie but thanks on your inputs po. iniisip ko din from calamba pa ako so kelangan ko ata talaga dumayo ng paranaque for PMS if ever. BTW, will be buying a used unit, around 2015-2016 unit siguro and MT naman.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks mga sir. ba't ung ibang nababasa ko parang ang OA ng PMS when it comes to subie but thanks on your inputs po. iniisip ko din from calamba pa ako so kelangan ko ata talaga dumayo ng paranaque for PMS if ever. BTW, will be buying a used unit, around 2015-2016 unit siguro and MT naman.
    Dami dyan nagsasalita eh wala naman Subie. If buying used, make sure to check its maintenance history and get something that is mostly stock. The Bridgestone shop in Alabang also services Subie cars.

You may just consider also the WRX STi since prices are around the same on the used market. If you want performance, get the WRX or WRX STi. If you want the bling, get the BRZ.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Dami dyan nagsasalita eh wala naman Subie. If buying used, make sure to check its maintenance history and get something that is mostly stock. The Bridgestone shop in Alabang also services Subie cars.

You may just consider also the WRX STi since prices are around the same on the used market. If you want performance, get the WRX or WRX STi. If you want the bling, get the BRZ.

thanks sa advise boss. i really want the wrx or the sti(if the budget permits), yung maintenance lang talaga iniisip ko. so mas ok pala ung almost stock kesa dun sa madaming mods i'll take note of that shop in alabang. thanks sir!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks sa advise boss. i really want the wrx or the sti(if the budget permits), yung maintenance lang talaga iniisip ko. so mas ok pala ung almost stock kesa dun sa madaming mods i'll take note of that shop in alabang. thanks sir!
    Before buying, make sure to test drive the car. Coming from an Altis, the ride will be a lot stiffer. It will not be comfortable for passengers. The WRX STi will be a bone jarring experience for rear seat passengers.

If buying the WRX or WRX STi, rev the car past 2500 rpm (up to 5500 rpm), torque peaks at this rpm range. You should feel the car pulling hard while pushing you down in your seat as the turbo spools to provide more boost. Driving it below turbo spool rpm range will just feel like driving the usual 2.0L-2.5L NA engine. These cars love to be revved hard.

I want a WRX too but as a family man, there are more needs than just the thrill of a sporty compact. I am happy with my Forester XT - quick, fast, comfortable ride, plus big cargo space.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast