New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi!! Kindly help me out naman decide... I've been browsing a lot of ads here, gusto ko sana bumiling 2nd hand car. Just got my license the other day, the car will be used panghatid-sundo sa school ng kids ko during coding day nung isang kotse namin (with driver).
    Initially, my budget was 200k lang, but based sa mga comments mukhang 1999 and below lang mabibili nun. So i upped it to 300k, max to 400k, bait mister ko OFW so i'll be the one looking over and buying the car myself.
    Unang purpose ko talaga, matuto na akong magdrive ng manual so i won't rely sa driver. Pagnasanay na ako, pakakawalan ko na yung driver.

I would prefer sana 2000 and up model, kasi baka lumalabas na diprensiya ng kotse kapag luma luma na. I almost have no idea about fixing cars, so baka mapadalas lang sa casa o mekaniko yung kotse. Questions:

1. What brand / model would my budget fit into na okay?

2. Iniisip ko brand new alto na lang kasi 345k yung standard. Wala pa akong hassle na ipapatingin mekaniko ekek. Tapos registered agad sa name namin. Kaso halos walang resale value na yung alto ba? Mga gaano ko katagal kaya mapapakinabangan ang alto?

3. We don't like to take financing way, yung 400k max na talaga yun including nga sana transfer of ownership, etc. Magbabayaran na kasi ng tuition this march so yun na budget ko.

4. If i take second hand route... i look over the car, kapag okay, hihingi ako OR and CR copies niya? Check ko kung same yung sa engine and chassis? Kita na ba agad yun? Tapos ako ba dapat magdadala sa TMG para check kung malinis?

Thanks for your help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    see replies below...

Quote Originally Posted by wowieta View Post
    Hi!! Kindly help me out naman decide... I've been browsing a lot of ads here, gusto ko sana bumiling 2nd hand car. Just got my license the other day, the car will be used panghatid-sundo sa school ng kids ko during coding day nung isang kotse namin (with driver).
    Initially, my budget was 200k lang, but based sa mga comments mukhang 1999 and below lang mabibili nun. So i upped it to 300k, max to 400k, bait mister ko OFW so i'll be the one looking over and buying the car myself.
    Unang purpose ko talaga, matuto na akong magdrive ng manual so i won't rely sa driver. Pagnasanay na ako, pakakawalan ko na yung driver.

I would prefer sana 2000 and up model, kasi baka lumalabas na diprensiya ng kotse kapag luma luma na. I almost have no idea about fixing cars, so baka mapadalas lang sa casa o mekaniko yung kotse. Questions:

300k-400k? dami ng makukuhang ok nyan ah.... a Vios would be within the budget, as well as a Mitsubishi Lancer. puro 2000 up model na yan.

2. Iniisip ko brand new alto na lang kasi 345k yung standard. Wala pa akong hassle na ipapatingin mekaniko ekek. Tapos registered agad sa name namin. Kaso halos walang resale value na yung alto ba? Mga gaano ko katagal kaya mapapakinabangan ang alto?
    hmmm, not against the alto ha? but tama ka. halos wala ng resale yan. and i think it would be too small for you and for your kids.

3. We don't like to take financing way, yung 400k max na talaga yun including nga sana transfer of ownership, etc. Magbabayaran na kasi ng tuition this march so yun na budget ko.

get something at between 300-320k, and leave the rest for repairs and transfer of documentation. dami ka ng options nyan.

4. If i take second hand route... i look over the car, kapag okay, hihingi ako OR and CR copies niya? Check ko kung same yung sa engine and chassis? Kita na ba agad yun? Tapos ako ba dapat magdadala sa TMG para check kung malinis?

yes. hindi ka ng OR/CR. as much as possible, try to have it cleared sa TMG para nga malinis. Or baka pwede mo pakiusapan yung seller to have it cleared for you.

Thanks for your help!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wowieta View Post

Thanks for your help!
    I would personally advise you to get a brand new Alto. given that you have 400K as budget, that's enough for the Alto -deluxe. nothing feels better like a brand new car, regardless of make. I personally have dealt with 2nd hand cars, and believe me when i say that it's a very big risk and a real headache once you start to figure out what needs to be repaired. Unless sobrang kilalang kilala mo ung pagbibilhan mo ng car, i would strongly suggest get the brand new one.

Sure, it's an Alto, but, that's conservatively 3 years worth of problem free driving given that it has insurance and warranties from Suzuki.

do yourself a favor, test drive an Alto deluxe and if you feel okay with it, go for it. The Silver and White Alto deluxe's are nice. if you're good with haggling, ask the dealer if they can do the door handlers and side mouldings as body color. i know someone from our village who haggled that when the SA can offer no more discounts

if you can decide to go with the standard, pwede ren. madali ren naman upgrades e. just make sure to put up a good fight when it comes to haggling for discounts and freebies

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi! Thanks for the advice! Pwedeng followup? Kapag pay in cash, mga how much ba pwedeng itawad? Hirap talaga kapag ako kasi di ako magaling tumawad. Nung nasa trinoma kami na may display ng alto, sabi sa akin nung sa sales nila na mga 5k lang daw pwede kong itawad kung cash!!?!
    Baba yata nun, if not sa cash value, in terms of body mouldings, rainguard etc na lang?

Hrm, i have to bring somebody with me who knows how to haggle!!

Thanks thanks!

brand new alto or 2nd hand vios?