New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga master ask ko lang kung may 400k kayo, would you go for a 2nd hand car or i pang downpayment na lang sa brand new car ( alam ko may nag ooffer ng 50% downpayment and the yung remaining 50% eh zero % interest na for 5 years.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    parang walang 0% interest for 5 years. 1 year siguro pede pa.

kung makakakuha ng maganda at maayos na 2nd hand yun na lang wala ka pang utang.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sedan or SUV? pang binata o pampamilya?

Kung kakilala mo yung nagbebenta ng second hand pwede pero kung sa mga buy and seller isip-isip ka baka yung mga nabaha ang makuha mo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wag magmadali ... konting ipon pa, then buy brand new..... cash!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- if I have P400K, then I will hold on to it, until I encounter a very good bargain....

Ikut-ikot ka lang muna bro., at maghanap ka ng magandang tiyempo for a pre-owned vehicle...

Remember Cash is King...

I was looking for a pre-owned vehicle a few months ago for some requirements,- and I have some money to spare. But I did not rush... Tanung-tanong at ikot lang, until I encountered a 4-year old vehicle with barely 10KKm mileage, just out from nowhere... I was able to buy it at P450K lower than its price 4 years ago- acceptable depreciation... Good bargain.... Sariwa ang loob, pati ang makina,- walang bakas ng putik anywhere(hindi nabaha)...So far, walang kaproble-problema,- So, sabi nga nila naka-jackpot.

You have to realize that the depreciation of brand new vehicle is staggering... Don't get me wrong as I am buying brand new vehicles, too, but we all have different financial capacities and requirements. And so...

16.6K:sunny::sampay:
    Last edited by CVT; August 15th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    depende yan sa budget mo brad. it is all about money and your budget.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you can get a mad bargain like that... or anything under 20-40k kms for 400k pesos, that's the best bet.

Personally, since I value fuel economy, I'd be putting that money into a brand new Eon or an almost new 1.3 MT Jazz. Smaller cars have less depreciation over time, even from new, and the lower running costs, insurance and registration costs will pay dividends over time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Secondhand, especially if your disposable income isn't that large. Monthly amortization payments can suck the life out of you if you're paying for something that takes up majority of your take home pay.

BTW, pinakamaganda mo na sigurong makukuhang interest for a 5-year loan is about 25%.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For 2nd hand cars, just make sure its not a flooded vehicle and that the odometer was not tampered. A lot of buy and sell guys like to roll back the mileage. So bring a mechanic if you can and make sure that the car is in good condition. Its hard to tell if the kms have been rolled back so use your best judgment and pay more attention to the condition of the car rather than the kms.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by laird View Post
    Mga master ask ko lang kung may 400k kayo, would you go for a 2nd hand car or i pang downpayment na lang sa brand new car ( alam ko may nag ooffer ng 50% downpayment and the yung remaining 50% eh zero % interest na for 5 years.
    i, personally would go for a 300k car, and leave the 100k for repairs.
    yoko ng may utang eh. proproblemahin mo pa yan every month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast