New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *cicis: ok lang yan bro..practice2 lang talaga...ganyan din ako noon kapag me hanging eh...pinagpapawisan ako ng malamig hahaha

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pwede naman gamitin ang handbrake technique kapag nabitin sa hanging. Effective yun lalo na kung hindi pa mabilis yung paa mo sa pag lipat ng pas from brake to throttle pedal at pagtimpla pa. Once you get a hold of it, you'll enjoy having an MT

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kaya nga ba hindi ko mapawalan ang nag iisa kong MT...
    15.3K:jazzybass:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    *gecko
    mismo sir! haha! nakukuha ko naman na, kaso pag biglang nangyari sakin nakakasira nanaman ng loob. practice lang talaga katapat. XD

*renzo
    i agree sir, naturo din sakin to nung nag lessons ako, ang problem wala ako place na walang ibang sasakyan where i can practice. nalito kasi ako dati dun sa biglang baba ng handbrake nung tinuro sakin. nakuha ko naman kaso yun lang talaga di ko pa naapply sa actual driving. :D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Second hand, with INSURANCE, 2010 and above to make sure di Ondoy car.

Masasanay ka rin eventually, first year or so sobrang excited ka mag drive, after that, tatamarin ka na dahil sa traffic at driving habits ng mga Pinoy.

After maybe 5 years, mag upgrade ka to a matic para di ka na mashado pagod mag drive.

Second hand lang palagi bro na modelo pa, pag labas sa showroom ng oto 20% depreciation na agad yon. But if you want to pay for the "new car smell" and you can afford to take the 20% depreciation hit, we would understand if brand new bilhin mo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Iba rin feeling maglabas ng kotse from the showroom noh. Pati mag-drive ng paikot without your plates and knowing that you're the first owner.

Resale value shouldn't bother you if you're planning to keep it for 5 years or so. At least naenjoy mo. Hehehehe. To each his own.

Pero yun nga, *topic nasabi ko na inputs ko.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    TS IMHO, I suggest you go for a brand new base model of either MT Vios J, Picanto, Spark, i10 or Celerio. These cars are one of the cheapest brand new. These cars are cheaper to insure, which you need very much since you are a new driver, accidents DO happen.
    Plus point if you are buying a hatch, these babies are the easiest to park!

I was in your shoes 4 years ago, I bought myself a Hyundai Getz and I had multiple engine offs in one stoplight. Worse was when my car was a few hours old (after being delivered), I headed for a gas station when I was in front of the intersection, I think it took three changes of the stoplights before I was able to move pass the intersection. Believe me number of HONKS I've gotten plus FUs were too many to count.

Good luck on your choice, but whatever it is the mantra I kept when I was starting driving, "Everybody starts as a novice, no point in adding pressure to yourself."

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Agree naman on the feeling of a fresh from the showroom car, but I'm talking about the initial cash outlay not the resale value, it's like having a 20% discount if you get a late model car na second hand.

If maka chamba ka naman may mga 2nd hand na may new car smell pa rin. Plus, if novice driver si TS, he might have a problem breaking it in, baka maging pangit break in niya magiging mabagal or magastos sa gas yung brand new car niya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    for the first time driver and car-owner, better to start owning a second hand car before to lean on a brand new one, just take a pick what type of car would you like to start with? A car which has a Gas engine or a Diesel one? A subcompact, compact SUV or AUV? IMO, better to start in an diesel AUV (like Adventure or Crosswind) madaling kapain ang clutch nila for a newbie drivers and plus advantage is its ground clearance which also offer great visibility in the drivers positioning. Or a 1st Gen. Honda CR-V kaso bihira lang ako nakakasumpong na meron nagbebenta ng pre-owned unit nito in manual trans, karamihan puro matic.

to tell you my story, I started to learn from a suzuki dropside (multicab) yung ginagmit pang-deliver ng mineral water sa mga subdivision, then after a few times i try to operate a Revo, medyo I find it hard to deal on its clutch, masyadong mataas (halos half release na yun clucth pedal ko, pero di pa rin umuusad, mataas pa rin ang rpm) kaya minsan palpak ako pagdating sa hanging , soon nakabisado ko na rin but it takes time talaga, then when the 1st time switched to a diesel van and auv, wala ng dry-run dry run, in a few seconds i find easy to operate them for the 1st time, minsan maganda rin pala when you started to learn into high-adjusted clutch.

--

IMHO, Maswerte talaga dito yun mga taong may sasakyan ang family/parents nila, their siblings are confident to get a brand new one after pagsawaan nila yung kotseng pinaglumaan ng parent nila kadalasan kasi nagiging first car ng mga sibling e yung pinaglumaan na ng mga tatay or nanay nila, they already learn experience from their old cars.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by malcoxx View Post
    I was in your shoes 4 years ago, I bought myself a Hyundai Getz and I had multiple engine offs in one stoplight. Worse was when my car was a few hours old (after being delivered), I headed for a gas station when I was in front of the intersection, I think it took three changes of the stoplights before I was able to move pass the intersection. Believe me number of HONKS I've gotten plus FUs were too many to count.
    this you have to expect when you're new to driving a m/t.

worst, if you got caught by the red light & suddenly turns green, & everybody starts sounding their horn, you'll panic & lose concentration on the clutch. & you know what will happen next.......

kaya practice muna. atras-abante muna, & familiarize w/ the control of your clutch & gas pedals of your m/t.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Bnew or 2nd hand for 1st time driver