The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Subaru XV?

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    ^ Thanks to the crappy transmission (4AT).

It is actually more refined compared to other non-japanese counterparts of that year. Its just too bland and plain inside.
    For me, the Xtrail is the worst. Lalo na pag ulan, sa rear seat ka nakasakay, rinig mo lahat ng splash at sprinkle ng tubig sa wheel wells. The Escape for me is the most comfortable riding and NVH is low though sobrang luma na ng platform for it's time it was and second will be the Rav4. Dalawa din to malakas sa gas, pero mas malakas xtrail.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by misterioman View Post
    Fellow Tsikoteers

Im planning to buy a 2nd hand car.Ano sa tingin nio ang Bang-for-buck na SUV in terms of the ff

Price-wise
    2009 model and up
    AT
    2.0L
    Low Maintenance
    High km/L ratio

Thanks in advance

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Rav4. Spacious refined and drives well

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by misterioman View Post
    Fellow Tsikoteers

Im planning to buy a 2nd hand car.Ano sa tingin nio ang Bang-for-buck na SUV in terms of the ff

Price-wise
    2009 model and up
    AT
    2.0L
    Low Maintenance
    High km/L ratio

Thanks in advance

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    This is a tall order
    You cannot find an "SUV" with that small of an engine but big in fuel savings.
    As other said, SUVs have bulkier bodies meaning they have lots of weight in them so the need of the engine to pull that mass is greater than smaller-bodied vehicles, thus the low km/L ratio.

Why not go "CUV" ? For me, CR-V is the way to go.
    Pick the 3rd-Gen one since your category is 2009 up.

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    2nd hand bang for the buck? any SUV that your budget can buy...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In reality, when you need a spacious people carrier with a decent fuel consumption supported by ample parts suppy & service, it boils down to a simple choice - a diesel-powered Innova. It's not really a looker but it gets the job done.

CUV's with 2.0L or 2.5L petrol engines will do about the same in fuel consumption and their size are also about the same so it would be much better to get the best performing one in terms of responsiveness and power. I would go with the previous gen Forester XT.
    Last edited by Egan101; February 19th, 2014 at 08:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Agree that this is a tall order. High km/l would direct you to diesel SUVs.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Agree with the Innova powered by D4D (Diesel) engine...
    Also consider 2009-2012 Kia Carens CRDi...

Matipid sila sa fuel consumption but they're not SUV's

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In reality, when you need a spacious people carrier with a decent fuel consumption supported by ample parts suppy & service, it boils down to a simple choice - a diesel-powered Innova. It's not really a looker but it gets the job done.

CUV's with 2.0L or 2.5L petrol engines will do about the same in fuel consumption and their size are also about the same so it would be much better to get the best performing one in terms of responsiveness and power. I would go with the previous gen Forester XT.
    I also agree on this one. The innova may not get you second glances when you pass by but it will get the job done. It's a very popular car so there's plenty on the secondary market too.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Wala nga pala nabanggit si TS kung ilan seater gusto nya. Anyways, kung gusto mo high Km/L ratio, get a diesel. An innova or a pickup perhaps? But if you want a high Km/L ratio coupled with cheap maintenance, mag isuzu ka na lang. Mausok nga lang at takas ASBU :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best SUV