New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Fellow Tsikoteers

Im planning to buy a 2nd hand car.Ano sa tingin nio ang Bang-for-buck na SUV in terms of the ff

Price-wise
    2009 model and up
    AT
    2.0L
    Low Maintenance
    High km/L ratio

Thanks in advance

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fortuner. There's a good reason why you see a lot of them around.

Although, if you are a speed-freak, there's also the Santa Fe or Sorento. Both CRDi of course.

EDIT:

2.0L pala so crossover.

I would say Tucson or the Sportage. I would love to recommend the Xtrail but it's just too thirsty on gas.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Most of the 2.0 and up SUV are guzzler. So high km/l is not feasible.
    Maybe you want to consider the new fiesta este ecosport from Ford. It's not second hand but the price is low. Ayaw mo ba ng diesel engine?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Magkakalayo pa ba ang fuel consumption ng mga 2.0l crossovers? Ang alam ko lang matipid eh Mazda Skyactivs pero 2012 na lumabas un.

TS, bakit di mo nga consider ang second hand na Fortuner?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Maxda CX-5 SkyActiv and new Forester 2.0L CVT offers good FC. On city driving, the CX-5 can do 10 km/L and the Forester can around 9 km/L. Not sure about previous generation CUVs (2009-2011) but maybe Tsikot members with CRV's, Tucson's, Sportage's, or Foresters can share their inputs on their average FC.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    puro gas yung nakita kong ecosport. also, d ba pahirapan ang parts ng ford? I mean in terms of cost, mejo mahal?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    2.0L + Gas + CUV's heavy body = swerte ka na sa 6-8km/L

Best candidate I can think of is the X-Trail because it will be cheaper on 09 models because of its low resale value. Maintenance is cheap because its gas. Other cheaper options are Ford Escapes and Mazda Tributes, but they are on 2.4L already.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    2.0L + Gas + CUV's heavy body = swerte ka na sa 6-8km/L

Best candidate I can think of is the X-Trail because it will be cheaper on 09 models because of its low resale value. Maintenance is cheap because its gas. Other cheaper options are Ford Escapes and Mazda Tributes, but they are on 2.4L already.

Sobrang lakas kumain ng gas ang xtrail and it's not well refined.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App via iOS

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Thanks to the crappy transmission (4AT).

It is actually more refined compared to other non-japanese counterparts of that year. Its just too bland and plain inside.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Why not consider SUVs with bigger engines so that you will have more options?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best SUV