New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi Sir Chronicle,

For Brio Amaze, would there be any effect on the after sales support and spare parts incase Honda would discontinue the model?
    I was told that the engine of Brio is the same as with Honda City, very good engine for a small body (Brio Amaze) however the looks is not that appealing.

I don't know about the maintenance part yet but I heard that since it is Honda its quite on the high side, is it true?

Right now I'm look at the Swift 2017, I would sacrifice the cargo space but it looks decent and has the power, not as powerful as Brio though, again my concern is the maintenance part as well.

Any other contenders aside from G4?

Cheers,
    Free & Accepted

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Afaik, the brio platform shares the old jazz engine.

Maybe some swift owners can share details regrding maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The engine of the Brio is the old 1.3L engine used in lower trim models of the previous generation City and Jazz. Maybe it will do good for the smaller Brio but it was not a good match with an AT tranny for the previous generation City and Jazz. Our old 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT consumed more gas than our old 2009 City 1.5L AT, not to mention its performance was quite lethargic and maintenance cost for both engines is the same. I applaud Honda for not opting to use that 1.3L engine on the current generation City and Jazz.

If really interested on a small Honda car, get either a City or Jazz.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The engine of the Brio is the old 1.3L engine used in lower trim models of the previous generation City and Jazz. Maybe it will do good for the smaller Brio but it was not a good match with an AT tranny for the previous generation City and Jazz. Our old 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT consumed more gas than our old 2009 City 1.5L AT, not to mention its performance was quite lethargic and maintenance cost for both engines is the same. I applaud Honda for not opting to use that 1.3L engine on the current generation City and Jazz.

If really interested on a small Honda car, get either a City or Jazz.
    Yeah, the CVT in the Mobilio is really better than the old 5AT in the Brio.

Also, there's the matter of that pesky 140 km/h speed limiter.

Which should only matter to you if you drive on the racetrack all the time.

Parts availability should not become a problem. Most parts should interchange between the Brio, Amaze and Mobilio.

Sadly, under 700k, your Honda pickings are slim. If you really want a Honda, raising the bar to reach the 762k City 1.5E is worth it. Great engine. Great gearbox. Fuel economy and performance bonus from the manual transmission. Huge interior. Perfect for family use.

If you can't stretch, the Accent 1.4 gives you a decent engine and a likewise huge interior. Interior and refinement are so-so, but the car is light on its feet and very easy to drive. Don't know about the economy. Never been particularly wowed by the 1.4, but with the manual transmission, it's good enough and won't drink up your pocket money at the station.

The Suzuki Ciaz, I think, is probably the best family-oriented 1.2 to 1.4 liter sedan in the market at the moment. Great economy, great space, decent interior build quality, and good to drive (not exciting, ha. Good. ) but like the City, it's outside the 700k budget.

Thankfully, you can get the same economical 1.4 liter engine in the Ertiga, which has seven seats (six if your back seat passengers are heavy...). Base Ertiga is well under 700k. Tan interior a bit prone to scuffs and dirt, but that's what seat covers are for. One thing you can't remedy with seat covers is the lack of rear headrests, but at under 700k, it's this, the APV or the Avanza. APV is not as economical. Avanza is not as refined.

Personally, I'd rather have the Ciaz or City... but if you need space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Pardon my ignorance. May speed limiter ang 5AT ng honda? Or ung brio mismo ang meron?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    Pardon my ignorance. May speed limiter ang 5AT ng honda? Or ung brio mismo ang meron?
    I think it's for Honda's 1.3L engine. I do remember our old 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT and it had a hard time doing 130 kmh with 4 people on board.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Hmm. Maybe honda's way to protect the a/t tranny?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The limiter is for the Brio and Brio Amaze.

I think it's a chassis thing. The tires, suspension and brakes are not built for high speed, so there's a hard limiter at 140 km/h. I've heard even the MTs have it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi Sirs,

Thank you so much for all your valuable inputs, it is much appreciated, right now I'm gearing towards Brio Amaze though its not that FANTASTIC looking car but it will get the job done, my wife will be happy with this car.... I think so .

Sir Niky, Sir Chronicle and all, thank you so much.

Cheers,
    Free & Accepted

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just thinking... Other than the Brio Amaze & Mirage G4...

Anong AT Sedan na less than 700k?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast