New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We're replacing our 11 year old Civic LXi soon, and my parents are pretty much confident about the Vios E.

I'm kinda sold into this car already but I would like to help my parents out a bit and do some research for them.

Any decent alternatives? They didn't like the Avanza, City, Jazz, Rio, Sentra and Lancer GLX.

We're still considering a Focus 1.8 Style if the discounts are good enough, but for now we're keeping it to the 600-700k level.

Thanks in advance for all your help and inputs!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you are considering the Sentra GX 1.3L, here are some existing discussion threads you might want to read.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52389

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51318

BTW, why don't your parents like the Sentra? Design getting old? For me, it looks okay especially in black.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 25th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BTW, why don't your parents like the Sentra? Design getting old? For me, it looks okay especially in black.
    I don't know with them. When they found out that one of their friends bought a Sentra, they burst out in laughter. Pero ayun, Mom wanted the Grand Livina sana but my Dad wasn't satisfied by the quality... of the pedals.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Accent CRDi.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The vios e sidemirrors couldnt be adjusted automatically. You can live without it though. The vios e is also fuel efficient, AFAIK, it could reach up to 21km/l mixed driving ( not sure, check the vios thread )

Alternatives:

> SENTRA GX ALL POWER
    > HYUNDAI ACCENT CRDi
    > MITSUBISHI LANCER

- ALL THOSE STATED ABOVE ARE IN THE PRICE RANGE OF 600 - 700k.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Accent CRDi.
    Ah, yeah. But then my dad doesn't like Korean brands. *sigh*. And isn't the sub-700k variant too bare?

Thanks for the input anyway.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The vios e sidemirrors couldnt be adjusted automatically. You can live without it though. The vios e is also fuel efficient, AFAIK, it could reach up to 21km/l mixed driving ( not sure, check the vios thread )

Alternatives:

> SENTRA GX ALL POWER
    > HYUNDAI ACCENT CRDi
    > MITSUBISHI LANCER

- ALL THOSE STATED ABOVE ARE IN THE PRICE RANGE OF 600 - 700k.
    Sadly, they're scrapped in their list na. Maybe except the Lancer, pero kumusta ba yung performance and FC ng CVT? Hindi lang kasi talaga trip ng dad ko yung style eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    I don't know with them. When they found out that one of their friends bought a Sentra, they burst out in laughter. Pero ayun, Mom wanted the Grand Livina sana but my Dad wasn't satisfied by the quality... of the pedals.
    In our case, my brother bought the Sentra GX for shuttling the kids to school and as coding car as well.

After that, his in-laws also bought three more (different families) because they saw the practicality of it. And the Sentra looks pretty decent for a car. The price is very affordable, ride is comfy, interior is spacious, A/C is cold and the car seems to be quite durable.

As for the Grand Livina, it's not really a big vehicle. More like a stretched Jazz than anything else. I saw the Nissan Livina in China when I was there a few months ago on a business trip. Reminded me a lot of the Honda Jazz.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Sadly, they're scrapped in their list na. Maybe except the Lancer, pero kumusta ba yung performance and FC ng CVT? Hindi lang kasi talaga trip ng dad ko yung style eh.
    Well yeah, the lancer`s style is quite old. You could add up the Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz and the Honda City into your choices.

Upon checking into honda`s price list, you could get the City, the BARE CITY. In your given budget, you`re short by 16k for you to get a City 1.3S which is a not-so bad car. The 16k shortage could go up though, upon talking to a sales agent it could go up because of the insurance, lto and other fees.

And also, the Jazz wouldnt fit your budget, even the 1.3S Jazz.

So your choices is down to the lancer glx. Yes the Vios E. and the Accent CRDi. and the Sentra.

Would you mind adding into your choices sub-compacts?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In our case, my brother bought the Sentra GX for shuttling the kids to school and as coding car as well.

After that, his in-laws also bought three more (different families) because they saw the practicality of it. And the Sentra looks pretty decent for a car. The price is very affordable, ride is comfy, interior is spacious, A/C is cold and the car seems to be quite durable.

As for the Grand Livina, it's not really a big vehicle. More like a stretched Jazz than anything else. I saw the Nissan Livina in China when I was there a few months ago on a business trip. Reminded me a lot of the Honda Jazz.
    I don't really know with my Dad, but yeah. D:

My mom likes the Livina but my Dad doesn't. I'm kinda okay with it. Dad said we'd rather get the Optra wagon despite being only a 5 seater instead of a Livina because we're only 3 in the family anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Any viable alternatives to Vios 1.3E?