New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK hindi maganda ride quality ng Z4. Hindi marami ang mapagpipilian na convertibles dito at ang laki ng price difference ng mga to sa mga fixed top counterparts nila. Maganda rin ang IS300C, yun nga lang ang performance niya is not worth its price. Kung IS-F yan, siguro pwede pa.
    Maganda ang Z4

Mahal nga lang. 6 million pesos.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK hindi maganda ride quality ng Z4. Hindi marami ang mapagpipilian na convertibles dito at ang laki ng price difference ng mga to sa mga fixed top counterparts nila. Maganda rin ang IS300C, yun nga lang ang performance niya is not worth its price. Kung IS-F yan, siguro pwede pa.

I have driven the current Lexus IS300.

Personally, spending loads of money (nearly P3M) buying the IS300 is a waste because all you are getting is a cramped 4 door saloon car with a big engine that doesn't even have the performance to go anywhere near "fast". Although it might look good from the outside, it's not worth the sardine-can feeling whenever you get in it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i beg to differ, My bro agrees that the my IS 6 cylinder engine runs better than his A4 Tdi. but interior wise, the A4 is better.
    The interior of the IS is fairly cramped im 5'5 and big boned but i fit snugly... but for larger people i woudnt recommend it...
    but still it looks good and a hoot to drive

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have driven the current Lexus IS300.

Personally, spending loads of money (nearly P3M) buying the IS300 is a waste because all you are getting is a cramped 4 door saloon car with a big engine that doesn't even have the performance to go anywhere near "fast". Although it might look good from the outside, it's not worth the sardine-can feeling whenever you get in it.
    but between the 3,C,A4,IS the lexus is fastest

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    but between the 3,C,A4,IS the lexus is fastest
    If one was all about speed, get a sports car. But this is about a luxury car. Comfort, prestige as well as handling and speed. The Lexus IS300 fails in delivering some of those qualities.

I might be a brand snob but for the Lexus sedan line up, after having driven the IS, ES, GS and LS sedans, I feel the Lexus brand does not yet deliver the proper balance of a luxury sedan with exception to the LS460. But even with the LS460, I do feel it is much overpriced by the local dealership.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 2nd, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    If one was all about speed, get a sports car. But this is about a luxury car. Comfort, prestige as well as handling and speed. The Lexus IS300 fails in delivering some of those qualities.

I might be a brand snob but for the Lexus sedan line up, I feel the Lexus brand does not yet deliver the proper balance of a luxury sedan with exception to the LS460. But even with the LS460, I do feel it is much overpriced by the local dealership.
    oh, i thought you mentioned that the IS lacks "speed" in the "3m" price range....
    Lexus are for those who wants to be understated.
    its kinda hard to swallow that a Toyota can be at a price range of BMW or MB ... but hey... Lexus is also a class of its own...
    BMW- Sportiness
    MB - Comfort & Prestige
    Lexus- Durability & Reliability
    Audi - Balance

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    oh, i thought you mentioned that the IS lacks "speed" in the "3m" price range....
    Lexus are for those who wants to be understated.
    its kinda hard to swallow that a Toyota can be at a price range of BMW or MB ... but hey... Lexus is also a class of its own...
    It's an upstart that still needs to prove to the market that it can compete with other more established luxury car brands.

BMW- Sportiness
    MB - Comfort & Prestige
    Lexus- Durability & Reliability
    Audi - Balance
    If the only thing that Lexus can bring is durability and reliability, you can have that in droves and much more with the BMW, MB and Audi. hehehe

And for the same money, buying a Volvo would probably get you more luxury and comfort with the performance.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    still not buying with the lexus durability till proven here. the hard top mechanisim seems to keep getting stuck often

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    It's an upstart that still needs to prove to the market that it can compete with other more established luxury car brands.

If the only thing that Lexus can bring is durability and reliability, you can have that in droves and much more with the BMW, MB and Audi. hehehe

And for the same money, buying a Volvo would probably get you more luxury and comfort with the performance.

Thats a hasty generalization, seems biased to the badge rather than the result...

Pretty low expectation for a car brand that became a hit in the states...

Based from my experiences, bmw and mb and many more badge conscious brands are like beautiful ladies that needs continuous upkeep "no money, no honey", while lexus are like little wild, petite asian woman that's game anytime and anywhere and requires less upkeep

sorry but almost two days without sleep is catching up to me wahahaha

please see what i mean Ratings | J.D. Power
    Facts gathered.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    still not buying with the lexus durability till proven here. the hard top mechanisim seems to keep getting stuck often
    please see : 2011 Car Recalls | View All 2011 Auto Recall Reports Online

all car brands has flaws, it just depends on the publicity.

hardtop getting stuck is better than a ferrari engine violently exploding hehehe <puns intended>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
any recommendation for 3-4m car?