New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Oo nga naman.

Kunsabagay, even if under warranty, yung hassle na ipapa tow mo pa to them, tapos di mo alam kung kelan or maayos ba ang gawa.

===
    Yan ang hirap sa Pinas eh, (practically) wala talagang consumer protection. If you were unfortunate enough to have bought a car with these lemon transmissions, the attitude is "magreklamo ka kung saan mo gusto..." while they laugh their way to the bank

I like the Ecosport, but I'm never going to buy a Ford, at least not in this country.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Oo nga naman.

Kunsabagay, even if under warranty, yung hassle na ipapa tow mo pa to them, tapos di mo alam kung kelan or maayos ba ang gawa.

===
    Yan ang hirap sa Pinas eh, (practically) wala talagang consumer protection. If you were unfortunate enough to have bought a car with these lemon transmissions, the attitude is "magreklamo ka kung saan mo gusto..." while they laugh their way to the bank

I like the Ecosport, but I'm never going to buy a Ford, at least not in this country.
    yes in our country the warranty coverage sucks. i think in some countries ford have extended the warranties for the dcts.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Disposable car in short.
    After extended warranty kuno, gagastos na ng malaki. Sayang, this car opened the flood gates here in the ph for subcompact "suv".

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Dahil madami naloko. Nagpadala sa hype at sa porma. Dami pala sira.

Parang focus at fiesta. Dati ang dami sa daan. Ngayon bihira na.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yes in our country the warranty coverage sucks. i think in some countries ford have extended the warranties for the dcts.
    FordPH updated the warranty of vehicles with Powershift trannies up to 10 years or 250k km. I received a letter regarding the warranty extension when I still had my Fiesta.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    FordPH updated the warranty of vehicles with Powershift trannies up to 10 years or 250k km. I received a letter regarding the warranty extension when I still had my Fiesta.
    whats the catch? dct fluid change every 2 years?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sa kanila ka lang pwede mag oil change and accessory add on otherwise void warranty?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Powershift DCT tranny on the Ecosport and Fiesta are dry-clutch DCTs that need no fluid change. The expected check for such tranny is supposedly at 150k km. However, I guess its dry-type nature is the reason for its failures as it can't deal with too much heat. Unlike other DCTs which are of the wet-clutch design and requires regular fluid change.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    hinde naman cheap, ganyan talaga pag gasoline car, you automatically lose 50% of its. value kahit na 3 years pa lang

unlike the diesels, pag 1.5M tapas 3 years old parang pede pa sa 1.2M parang 100K lang per year depreciation

so what's the moral of the story? don't buy any gasoline car na Malaki. I think those BRVs, Xpanders will also suffer the same low resale value later on

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Kasi, for those who do research before buying 2nd hand, potential buyers would know na sirain DCT ng Ford. Kaupisina ko dati itinirik ng Fiesta niya sa C5. Kaya binebenta niya agad after sagutin ni Ford yung warranty. It's a design flaw, laging masisira kahit palitan ng brand new. Parang EPS ng Honda Civic FD, you have to accept na masisira after 4 to 5 years (after palitan ng bago).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12