New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi mga ser, looking to get the new Vios or the new Fiesta.
    Torn between budget and safety features.
    Budget is 700k to 750k.
    Priority: Safety (i.e., dual air bag, ABS).

Vios:
    Upon checking sa site: Toyota - VIOS
    Vios 1.5G lang ang meron dual air bags which is Php 812k MT (over budget).
    Yung 1.3E Php 727k, pasok sana sa budget pero driver only air bag.

Fiesta:
    Upon checking sa site: Ford Philippines | Exterior
    Lahat ng variants ng Fiesta merong dual bags. Entry-level ng Fiesta is Php 698k MT (pasok sa budget).

Gusto ko po sana Vios due to its reputation of reliability and fuel economy. Pero yung top of the line lang ang may dual air bags?

For Fiesta, mukang full-featured maski yung entry-level. Not sure lang about its reliability and fuel economy. Worth the wait po kaya ang 1.0 EcoBoost? (baka ma-over budget din hehe)

What's your opinion mga ser? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by curiosus View Post
    Hi mga ser, looking to get the new Vios or the new Fiesta.
    Torn between budget and safety features.
    Budget is 700k to 750k.
    Priority: Safety (i.e., dual air bag, ABS).

Vios:
    Upon checking sa site: Toyota - VIOS
    Vios 1.5G lang ang meron dual air bags which is Php 812k MT (over budget).
    Yung 1.3E Php 727k, pasok sana sa budget pero driver only air bag.

Fiesta:
    Upon checking sa site: Ford Philippines | Exterior
    Lahat ng variants ng Fiesta merong dual bags. Entry-level ng Fiesta is Php 698k MT (pasok sa budget).

Gusto ko po sana Vios due to its reputation of reliability and fuel economy. Pero yung top of the line lang ang may dual air bags?

For Fiesta, mukang full-featured maski yung entry-level. Not sure lang about its reliability and fuel economy. Worth the wait po kaya ang 1.0 EcoBoost? (baka ma-over budget din hehe)

What's your opinion mga ser? TIA.
    What about honing your driving skills instead by enrolling in a professional driving school? I'm pretty sure that'll help you loads in "safety" versus ABS airbags.

Personally, I've never even had my airbags activated in my entire life. I heard it hurts like **** though. I won't bank on purchasing a car just for the number of airbags it has.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    What about honing your driving skills instead by enrolling in a professional driving school? I'm pretty sure that'll help you loads in "safety" versus ABS airbags.

Personally, I've never even had my airbags activated in my entire life. I heard it hurts like **** though. I won't bank on purchasing a car just for the number of airbags it has.
    Agree sir. Defensive driver naman po ako. Pero possible din kasi ikaw ang banggain kahit safe ka naman mag drive. Concern ko lang naman po is yung passenger's safety. May friend na po kasi ako nabangga, buti may air bag siya. TY.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    ^
    agree with that. im sure TS, as a driver, you wouldn't want to test the airbags first hand. as long as you have a driver side airbag, it's fine. be a responsible driver lang and im sure you'll stay out of harm's way. with regards to the topic itself, despite how stylish and more sporty the fiesta is, i'll go with the vios 1.3G M/T or 1.3E M/T. if you can stretch your budget a little more, i think dealers are giving big discounts to the current gen Altis.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jcRN View Post
    ^
    agree with that. im sure TS, as a driver, you wouldn't want to test the airbags first hand. as long as you have a driver side airbag, it's fine. be a responsible driver lang and im sure you'll stay out of harm's way. with regards to the topic itself, despite how stylish and more sporty the fiesta is, i'll go with the vios 1.3G M/T or 1.3E M/T. if you can stretch your budget a little more, i think dealers are giving big discounts to the current gen Altis.
    agree to this one.

pero please double check TS, kasi ako gen2 1.3G i have dual airbags na.

By the way, between the two, no pun intended i like the vios more compared to fiesta. i just do not know why but its just my personal preference.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, to be frank, I doubt both of them would be any safer if there's a brake-less bus hurling your way at 100 km/h but I'll throw my vote on the Vios. At the best, at least your guaranteed not to wait a month for a new door to arrive :naughty2:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ get the vios. Marami ako nababasang sira / defects ng fiesta. O baka di lang ako nalalagi sa vios thread?

#Retzing

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    if you aren't in a hurry, save a bit more money to increase your budget and get the 1.5G m/t vios. di nanaman ganun kalakihan ang 750k to get to 812k

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ayaw mo Jazz 1.3MT pasok sa budget dual airbags,ABS and other safety features

pero kung vios with those features your looking
    tama sila increase the budget ipon ipon muna
    kunti na lang yan para di karin mas sisi sa huli

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Based from the brochure , 1.3e has dual air bags and abs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast