New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Innova hands down. The D4D woes wouldn't be a problem to you if you live in Metro Manila, where the diesel fuel sold is cleaner. The Adventure is pig slow, and its design is very old already.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Out of all the D4D Innovas, and all other 2.5L D4Ds in the country, what is the percentage of those that have suffered D4D woes? I know it's more than any other issue posted here in tsikot, but including everyone else, which I would assume would be at least 20,000 given that Innovas sell at 5,000 units a year, are they really that plenty?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From what I know... it's not a very big number. I don't know anyone in my area who has had the "D4D issue", so it's very possible that it's partially fuel related (an increased vulnerability to poor fuel).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Out of all the D4D Innovas, and all other 2.5L D4Ds in the country, what is the percentage of those that have suffered D4D woes? I know it's more than any other issue posted here in tsikot, but including everyone else, which I would assume would be at least 20,000 given that Innovas sell at 5,000 units a year, are they really that plenty?
    I know several people who own Innovas and Fortuners. All of them commended the fuel efficiency and power of their engines, none said anything about choking. And there is one particular issue much bigger than this one, and its the the Isuzu Trooper's injector issue. ALL Troopers with the 4JX1-TC engine (sold from 1999-2005) were affected. Had ours replaced too.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i know someone personally with a D4d engine problem, but not about the choking and stalling. its about timing belt/chain (not sure which one, basta about the timing) failure at less than 70k km traveled. its a 2005 Innova J D4d variant.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Replacement of the timing belt? Isn't that replaced regularly from time to time? If you're talking of another problem, is that an isolated case? I haven't heard of any other problems with the Toyota D4D engines.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I already replaced mine, at 130k odo reading I just purchase the original T-belt and tensioner bearing at aerodynamics in masangkay.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i know someone personally with a D4d engine problem, but not about the choking and stalling. its about timing belt/chain (not sure which one, basta about the timing) failure at less than 70k km traveled. its a 2005 Innova J D4d variant.
    well, the manual says replacement every 100K. but this is a tricky question. Can you sue for "premature" failure? what if the engine was manhandled by the owner, say, overheat and / or over-rev?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, the manual says replacement every 100K. but this is a tricky question. Can you sue for "premature" failure? what if the engine was manhandled by the owner, say, overheat and / or over-rev?
    i dont think the owner pursued the warranty (3yrs/100k km which comes first) because it was just last year(2009) that it happened to him. so it will be the innova's 4th year.

Afaik, no abused was done to the engine except for occasional overloading. 7-10 passengers? overloading na ba yun.

The shop that assessed and ,i assumed, fixed the Innova was Wilson and Jackson at Potrero, Malabon along Mcarthur Hi-way.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    guys! my dad is selling his 09 innova J vvt-i!

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...oyota+Innova+J

see to appreciate.

NOTE: the picture is not official. photos will be uploaded soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advie ss or innova e