New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi! im basically clueless when it comes to cars. All I know is I want a sedan type, A/T, thats fuel effiecent and doesnt take a lot of maintenance work (part costs etc etc) Just an everyday car

I've been looking at the Honda City 1.3S A/T but the SA's of honda say that they have no running promo for the CIty unlike what Toyota has with Vios (free chattel mortgage, LTo reg blahblahblah)

My budget is around 700K-800K. I would prefer something that runs on diesel and is brand new. I know the City runs on Gas...but I read somewhere that someone got 10K/L off it...i think thats good enough...

any suggestions on models would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Considering your budget, if you really want a diesel-powered car, you can go for the Hyundai Accent CRDi. Yun nga lang, manual ang transmission.

If you're looking for a car that doesn't cost a lot in terms of maintenance, you can try the Suzuki Swift A/T (hindi nga lang sedan). A number of owners claim fuel efficiency on their Swifts, and the best part is you get free maintenance from Suzuki for the first two years.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello sir or mam? welcome po dito sa tsikot.

as you said po, you want a diesel sedan car with a budget of 700-800k and brand new? ah mam, pasensya na po pero wala pa po tayo ganun car sa ganyang budget. maybe i can suggest if you want diesel car, go for the ford focus tdci, but it is over 800k for a brand new one.

now, what i can suggest, if you want a sedan, fuel efficient car, i can give you the following cars as my suggestions:

1. honda city 1.3s
    2. vios 1.3e or the 1.5g
    3. city 1.3 idsi
    4. chevrolet aveo sedan

i would suggest also mam to buy a car finder and also take a look around the net and inquire about the specs of the car that you want. and also, browse tsikot and we're willing to help you po sir/mam. enjoy your stay here po!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    One of the major advantages of diesel vs gas is torque and fuel efficiency. Pero kung sedan po and all around city driving lang, baka po negated itong advantages ng diesel vs gas (aside from the fact that mas mahal initially ang diesel variant). You are better off getting a Jazz, City, Vios in no particular order.

AFAIK Hyundai accent and Ford focus pa lang yata mga diesel variants dito. Also consider your annual mileage. If it will be less than 10,000Km/year, gas na lang po. 15,000 and above, in the long run, diesel will suit you more.

HTH

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    well, if you need some help in the pricing...you can read this little nugget. It'll give you a little more information when negotiating with the dealer.

advice needed for first car :)