New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    After 6 months of having my first car (City '08) I am now slightly "upgrading" to Civic 09 (because this is the only model my budget allows )

Questions:

• Ano po ba ang mga dapat kong i-check sa bibilhin kong Civic at ung mga questions na dapat ko itanong, aside sa usual na 'nabangga ba' or 'nabaha ba'?
    • Ano-ano po ba ang mga issues ng Civic 09
    • Ano ano rin po ba ang features ng Civic 09?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ask for a maintenance history of the car. If the car has been serviced exclusively by a Honda casa/dealer since it was bought, a detailed history of all services and parts replacement will be available from the casa/dealer.

Check the Honda Talks forum for discussion pertaining to the Civic FD (2006-2011) chassis.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bayona View Post
    After 6 months of having my first car (City '08) I am now slightly "upgrading" to Civic 09 (because this is the only model my budget allows )

Questions:

• Ano po ba ang mga dapat kong i-check sa bibilhin kong Civic at ung mga questions na dapat ko itanong, aside sa usual na 'nabangga ba' or 'nabaha ba'?

Thanks!
    Ummm para sakin, lahat ng potential seller would lie about the car. Inspect everything, from the engine to leaks, chassis na walang tama, replacement parts like salamin, bumpers, etc. Check kung may masilya, all this would indicate collision. Check kung nabaha. Unusual rust like under the steering, iba na texture ng headliner, carpet etc. This would indicate na full detail dahil nalubog.

Issues, medyo meron issues like tensioner screw, a/c malfunction... Sa features naman, take the s variant para may air bag and better mags. Konti lang price difference ng v variant and s variant.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Ummm para sakin, lahat ng potential seller would lie about the car. Inspect everything, from the engine to leaks, chassis na walang tama, replacement parts like salamin, bumpers, etc. Check kung may masilya, all this would indicate collision. Check kung nabaha. Unusual rust like under the steering, iba na texture ng headliner, carpet etc. This would indicate na full detail dahil nalubog.

Issues, medyo meron issues like tensioner screw, a/c malfunction... Sa features naman, take the s variant para may air bag and better mags. Konti lang price difference ng v variant and s variant.
    Yes I really to intend to buy the S variant. As of now meron ako kausap na 2 sellers, ung isa Car dealer (Seller A) ung isa private individual (Seller B). Both S variant, here is the comparison :
    Seller Price Mileage Comments
    Seller A (car dealer) 440K 40K Did not specify if there are casa records
    Seller B (private person) 480K 20K With casa record

Budget wise, I will go with Seller A since the price difference with Seller B is around 40K. Although parang mas may peace of mind sa seller B kase nga very low mileage and with casa record kaya pwede ko iverify. Downside lang is parang di na kaya ng budget

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir try to stretch the budget, marami manloloko na car dealer. Yung 40k na extra is justifiable na kasi casa maintain and owner seller. Para sakin kasi seller b would be less of a risk than coming from a car dealer.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Try to haggle a better price with Seller B. If he/she really wants to sell that car, he/she will not mind a discount. Sabi nga nila, may iba dyan na nagbebenta na parang ayaw naman ibenta.

Why not opt for an earlier model FD 2006-2008 (round tail lights and different wheel design)? Maybe you can find something with around the same mileage (though not as low mileage as that from Seller B) but at a lower price. At 450k, you can even find the TOTL 2.0S model.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Try to haggle a better price with Seller B. If he/she really wants to sell that car, he/she will not mind a discount. Sabi nga nila, may iba dyan na nagbebenta na parang ayaw naman ibenta.
    Yes I will definitely ask for a discount once I viewed the car this saturday. I hope he can go as low as 460K or even 450K.
    Why not opt for an earlier model FD 2006-2008 (round tail lights and different wheel design)? Maybe you can find something with around the same mileage (though not as low mileage as that from Seller B) but at a lower price. At 450k, you can even find the TOTL 2.0S model.
    I own a 2008 city so in my mind, getting a lesser year/model is not an upgrade. But that's just me. I am not familiar with the TOTL 2.0s model though. And as I last checked di naman nagkakalayo price ng 08 at 09 models.

I'll definitely go with Seller B for peace of mind and it might also save me some bucks in the long run kase casa maintained.

Maraming salamat!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I own a 2008 city so in my mind, getting a lesser year/model is not an upgrade. But that's just me. I am not familiar with the TOTL 2.0s model though. And as I last checked di naman nagkakalayo price ng 08 at 09 models.
    No offense, bro, but a Civic FD will always be an upgrade over a 2008 City GD. The Civic is a step higher in class over the City. I'd even pick a Civic FD over the current generation City. My 12-year-old Accord even drives better than the 2009 City 1.5E that I use once in a while.

The TOTL Civic FD has a 2.0L engine compared to the 1.8L of the S and V models. It is the same engine they use on the 2.0L 7th gen Accords (2003-2007). The 2.0L Civic FD MT is a bit rare as there were only a few units sold. The 2.0L Civic FD AT has paddle shifters to give you the option to switch gears manually, similar to the 8th gen Accord (2008-2012) and TOTL 1.5E City (2009-present).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Questions:

Thanks!
    everytime i sell my car, i always make it a point to bring it to the casa along with the buyer for a thorough check of the vehicle at my cost. by doing this, iwas hassle sa buyer and it will surely clear out any doubts from the buyer. mura lang naman yun around 3k-4k, awitan mo nalang yung seller na sagutin yun. good luck with your new purchase.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually, i prefer buying from a private seller, 1st owner (actual owner with his name on the papers). Some things i look at are:
    - Original paint all around, and no accessories/borloloy.
    - Complete service records (not necessarily CASA serviced)
    - I check how many cars the owner has in his garage and how his other cars look to get an idea on how he cares for his rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast