New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wag mo na ipa-convert, sakit lang sa ulo yan. Ilang taon na rin naman ako nagdrive ng kotseng pawis steering hinde naman ako nagreklamo. Ok nga yan eh, less sakit ng ulo mo. Mamaya pag pinaconvert mo palpak pa eh di problema lalo. Hayaan mo nalang na ganyan yan, hindi naman siguro disi-otso gulong niyan para mahirapan ka ikutin kasi napakalapad.

Kung gusto mo pa mas madalian. Ibalik mo sa disi-kwatro yung gulong niyan. Yan naman ata size ng stock, o trese pa nga at.

Dun pala ako sa Lancer. Description palang nung Civic parang ampangit na eh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why not consider a Corolla GLi? It's a reliable car and easy/cheap to maintain.

I own one and I have nothing but good things to say about the AE101. As long as you maintain it, I believe that it could last forever. I just had my corolla's problems fixed (wear and tear) and it is working perfectly again. What a great car! Parts are cheap and easy to find and almost any mechanic can work on an AE101.

Good luck in your car purchase!
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 21st, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My vote would be for a late '90s or early 2000's Sentra's. With their relatively poor resale value, you can get a younger unit compare to your choices. Pasok na yata yung mga Exalta dito. Not really sure if the have M/T available during that time.

Pero if between your choices, I'd take the Lancer EL since you plan to upgrade in the next 3 to 5 years. Baka abutan ka pa ng breakdown ng AT ng civic.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Given the choices, no contest... Get the civic. Pero in my opinion, mas gusto ko esi body vs the pre SiR ek.

Madali pyesa ng pareho pero less headache ang manual. It's up to the ts if he wants manual or matic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Given the choices, no contest... Get the civic. Pero in my opinion, mas gusto ko esi body vs the pre SiR ek.

Madali pyesa ng pareho pero less headache ang manual. It's up to the ts if he wants manual or matic.
    Parang ang pangit ng condition nung Civic compared sa Lancer. 100k+ mileage vs. 45k and the overall condition based sa description ng TS parang walang panalo yun Civic.

Although given that both are in the same condition, civic talaga

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Among the choices, if it's a (CK) Lancer EL, red with 16" mags and only 45tkms <--- which is effin low for a 17yo car, if orig miles. Definitely sa Lancer ako. Like this:

For a 1st timer, nothing better nga than having a basic car eh. 1st, it will spare you of electronic glitches. And man, I tell you, yung mga natuto sa basic car on how to drive, will drive like a pro later on. Ex gf ko nga, natuto sa owner type jeepney and Nissan LEC (non-PS, too) and she just drives really good and some other friends I know. Since you ain't a pro, start at the basic. At 95k tawad tawad lang konti pa. Goodluck with your purchase and be a good driver on the road.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    My take on 2nd hand cars. Saan ka makakahingi ng tulong at san ka magpapagawa kasi sooner or later something will break down. Kaya when I bought my first car which was a 2nd hand, alam ko na san dadalin at ipapagawa. Kasi naghanap muna ako ng trusted shops/mechanics before I bought it. I joined car clubs, registered in their forums, and did my homework. Para sulit talaga. It's not just about the car, but also the maintenance once its yours. Goodluck sir.

Peace out!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theshepherd View Post
    My take on 2nd hand cars. Saan ka makakahingi ng tulong at san ka magpapagawa kasi sooner or later something will break down. Kaya when I bought my first car which was a 2nd hand, alam ko na san dadalin at ipapagawa. Kasi naghanap muna ako ng trusted shops/mechanics before I bought it. I joined car clubs, registered in their forums, and did my homework. Para sulit talaga. It's not just about the car, but also the maintenance once its yours. Goodluck sir.

Peace out!
    I agree.

Car clubs are big help to owners. On what to look out for in your particular unit, where to find budget quality parts and also in understanding your car's needs better (preferred oil during PMS, the better spark plugs, the better replacement parts brand etc, the do's and don'ts etc.).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    wow, dami agad reply. salamat sa patuloy na pag bibigay liwanag samin.

gusto rin sana namin na iba at mas bagong model ng konti, kaso lang hindi na ako masyado lumalabas para tumingin sa mga personal seller at gusto ko sana sa kakilala lang ako maka bili or sa mga 2nd hand auto house.

hotdog EL po yung lancer na binebenta sakin.

thanks again!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    basti: lancer itlog pa ata yan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast