New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi guys,

Please take time to read po ;)

Me and my wife are married for more than a year (no kids yet, hopefully in the future). We are from boni serrano near edsa. I work near bluewave pasay and she is from paseo cor buendia. Main route is edsa on a rush hour since we have dayjobs. Total of 33kms balikan. Currently, our daily driver is a sentra GX 1.3 A/T na parang pagong humatak and parang malakas sa gas kahit im lightfooted already. Heck im afraid to overtake kasi baka mabitin. But..heres the deal. Hati si wifey and dad nya when they bought the car when she is still single. We are living with her parents in the same compound though we have our own place nakabukod kami kahit papano. Her dad uses the car pagdating namin from office as in inaabangan na kami sa labas ng gate, pag coding tsaka pag weekends . Being newlyweds, I have my ego sympre kasi Weve been using the car since we got married. I have my own car, a nissan eccs 1993 model kaya yun gamit namin pag weekend. We dont use the eccs daily kasi malakas sa gas and nakakapagod ang manual sa city traffic. Also, both cars have the same coding day kaya commute kami nun... Kainis diba.

Now, we want our own daily car para naman we can have a car that we really own and bought from hardwork. Im planning to sell my eccs na din pangdagdag.

We have a budget of 500k cash for the car.
    Given all that was mentioned above, What AT car can you guys recommend? AT gusto namin para madrive din ni wifey. Honestly, I want the 1.6G altis or jazz 1.5 na second hand lang around 2009 to 2011 model.

You inputs guys are appreciated.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Buy a brand new Toyota Wigo or wait for Honda Brio.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try checking the Toyota Wigo, fits your budget.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Either of your 2 choices are good. Personally I'd get the Altis but the Jazz is a good alternative too if you want more versatile cargo space and better handling at the expense of comfort and a slightly more upscale image. FC shouldn't be too different between the two.

Pansin ko lang though mas mahal pa ang Jazz 1.5 kaysa sa Altis 1.6G na same age. I would suggest saving up a bit more for a 2011 Altis G (facelifted with new engine). Around 550-650k right now.

Cheaper option would be the 2009 Civic 1.8S (facelifted). Slightly less fuel efficient than the Altis but more spacious and better looking IMO.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i would suggest mirage GLX

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Hi sir why mirage GLX? Im looking for a altis or jazz sana more on looks and the satisfaction of owning one...
    No offense to mirage owners but I think mas may brag if u own altis or jazz.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Because it's brand new. You'll find it hard to brag in a used car that might breakdown in the middle of the street since it was a flooded car that was sold by dishonest people. Be practical, you'll need much much more than 500T to have real bragging rights.
    Last edited by Walter; May 2nd, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung daily drive lang.. go for brand new wigo or mirage.. pasok sa budget, low maintenance, easy to drive, low acquisition cost etc.. tamang tama lang sa pang araw araw.... sa second hand siguradong may papalitan ka na parts.. tapos yearly registration pa nyan.. sa brand new 3 years pa before ka pa register.. sa panahon ngayon dapat unahin ang pagiging practical.. kung mayaman ka na bili ka sports car yung ford mustang, camaro or benz sls amg yan ang may bragging rights compared sa altis or jazz

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ Because it's brand new. You'll find it hard to brag in a used car that might breakdown in the middle of the street since it was a flooded car that was sold by dishonest people. Be practical, you'll need much much more than 500T to have real bragging rights.
    I hardly see 3 year old Altises/Jazzes breaking down on the street.

He's not buying an old rustbucket, just a slightly used compact. It does take much more due diligence to get a secondhand car but it's always a better bargain than a brand new one because of the steep depreciation.

I understand his point that a Jazz or Altis is still way more respectable on the road than an entry-level Mirage or a car endorsed by Sarah G. It's not about bragging, but about personal satisfaction on what you drive daily. Ika nga, kung anong tinitibok ng puso.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Masyado po kasi maliit ang mirage and the likes. Ok lang may papalitan na parts must be minimal lang plus performance wise mukhang ok si altis.
    Salamat po sa inputs guys.
    Im looking for less than 30k mileage lang 2011 altis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast