New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi Guys I'm planning to get a car budget is at 400K, well initially 150k but decided to push a little bit more and will apply thru bank financing since I got employed in a new job which enables me to pay 10-12k a month.

So here are my options:

Toyota Vios 1.5G 08-10 - Pros: FC, Maintainability Cons: Wala masyado pogi points
    Toyota Altis 1.6G 08-09 - Pros: Toyota, Pogi Points Cons: FC
    Honda City 1.3 08-08 - Pros: Honda, Pogi Points Cons: ?

I prefer to get an AT since I'll use this as an everyday car and with the traffic condition now baka rayumahin ako pag nag MT ako hehe.

Hope you could help me guys, I'm used to driving pero when it comes to cars wala talaga ako alam. Your comments will surely help me in deciding on which car I'll be getting.

Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would get the vios.... since ok sya for a starter car. tsaka na ang pogi points. go for reliability.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Honda Civic na eagle eye mas pogi. mas luma nga lang

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supermak View Post
    Hi Guys I'm planning to get a car budget is at 400K, well initially 150k but decided to push a little bit more and will apply thru bank financing since I got employed in a new job which enables me to pay 10-12k a month.

So here are my options:

Toyota Vios 1.5G 08-10 - Pros: FC, Maintainability Cons: Wala masyado pogi points
    Toyota Altis 1.6G 08-09 - Pros: Toyota, Pogi Points Cons: FC
    Honda City 1.3 08-08 - Pros: Honda, Pogi Points Cons: ?

I prefer to get an AT since I'll use this as an everyday car and with the traffic condition now baka rayumahin ako pag nag MT ako hehe.

Hope you could help me guys, I'm used to driving pero when it comes to cars wala talaga ako alam. Your comments will surely help me in deciding on which car I'll be getting.

Thanks!!
    Bro, hindi naman magkakalayo ang FC ng Altis 1.6A/T at Vios 1.5A/T. 100cc difference is quite negligible and the Altis has a reputation for fuel efficiency. With the Altis you also get the bonus of more cabin and trunk space, not to mention better looks.

I agree with your sentiments towards A/T vehicles. Mahirap talaga magmanual sa ganoon katrapik. Tried it before with a 1997 Honda City 1.3. Nangawit sobra ang paa ko! Pero kung manual na diesel, mas madali talaga gamitin. So I'd suggest you consider the Adventure as well. 4D56 engine means dirt cheap maintenance and low fuel costs. High ground clearance and heavy duty underchassis are much better suited to our poor road conditions and flashfloods. If you take good care of it, it will probably be ten years or more before you start replacing your first suspension component. 08-10 models will fit your budget.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    vios. i don't care if looks like methuselah.. if i want pogi points, i'd get a classic VW.. heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Altis over the Vios or City. For a small difference in FC, you get better space and comfort on the bigger car. For the same price, I would suggest also looking at the Civic FD 2006-2008.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I'm a 6 ft 1 guy, tried driving a sedan from espana to marikina, 2 hours stuck sa traffic, after i got off the car i can hardly feel my legs, knees down. Man grabe na talaga traffic.

Will try looking for adventure within my budget range.

BTW any idea how much an altis 08-09 AT cost?

Thanks so much

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Bro, hindi naman magkakalayo ang FC ng Altis 1.6A/T at Vios 1.5A/T. 100cc difference is quite negligible and the Altis has a reputation for fuel efficiency. With the Altis you also get the bonus of more cabin and trunk space, not to mention better looks.

I agree with your sentiments towards A/T vehicles. Mahirap talaga magmanual sa ganoon katrapik. Tried it before with a 1997 Honda City 1.3. Nangawit sobra ang paa ko! Pero kung manual na diesel, mas madali talaga gamitin. So I'd suggest you consider the Adventure as well. 4D56 engine means dirt cheap maintenance and low fuel costs. High ground clearance and heavy duty underchassis are much better suited to our poor road conditions and flashfloods. If you take good care of it, it will probably be ten years or more before you start replacing your first suspension component. 08-10 models will fit your budget.

I'm a 6 ft 1 guy, tried driving a sedan from espana to marikina, 2 hours stuck sa traffic, after i got off the car i can hardly feel my legs, knees down. Man grabe na talaga traffic.

Thanks so much

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If you don't need the trunk space, I suggest you check out Yaris 1.5AT. Since you can get 09-11 even some 2012MY for your budget.

I used to have a Vios 1.5G AT and I'm getting somewhere in the league of 10-11km/l city driving with moderate traffic. The lighter hatchback Yaris, theoretically, should yield more. Atleast, IMO it looks more cooler than the Vios, rarer but the internals will be same as the Vios lang. So parts wouldn't be a problem.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supermak View Post

Thanks so much
    From what I can see in the buy and sell sites, the Altis is selling for around 400+k. But then it can get considerably cheaper after negotiations. Sometimes, you can slash 100k or more from the original price.

I drive a Revo M/T diesel on a regular basis. The clutch is very easy to use, hindi kailangang nakababad lagi lalo na kapag mabagal ang takbo. Sometimes, I leave it at 1st or 2nd gear and let it crawl by itself with slow but steadily moving traffic. There are many times after coming home from heavy traffic, mas nangangawit pa ang kanang paa ko (sa pagkaka-gas/brake/gas/brake) kaysa sa kaliwang paa (clutch).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast