New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Given a budget of 400k to buy a 2nd hand car, what would you buy and why?

2007 1.6G Altis AT
    2007 1.8S Civic AT
    07/08 1.5G Vios AT
    08/08 1.8 Focus HB AT

My Take:

Right now my choice is the Altis because of its space and average FC. Im also a bit inclined to Vios, although its a relatively smaller than the Altis its FC is far better.

Added Civic among my choices is because of its similiarity with the Altis.

My last option is the Focus HB, ang porma kasi ng datingan though clueless ako sa performance nito at sa FC. Any comments on this would be very much appreciated.

There you go if you were in my shoes what would you buy and why?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    According to preference:

1. Ford Focus HB
    2. Honda Civic 1.8S AT
    3. Toyota Vios
    4. Toyota Altis

--

Reasons why:

The Focus can be relatively okay to maintain as long as you know where to get your parts aside from CASA. Definitely, the guys * FCP can give you a helping hand regarding this. Also, among all your choices, it's the best looking -- subjective, though.

The Civic came in next because it's another vehicle that's superb on its class. Definitely roomy, has the "punch" you might be after, quite economical (I get 9km/L on the City, 12-13km/L mixed, 16km/L highway -- manual)

The Vios came in third, newest.. very cheap to run and pretty fast too. Quite small, yes. But if you're all alone or with 2-3 companions often.. it's all good.

Ayoko lang kasi talaga sa looks ng 9th gen Altis, and I find it pretty small too -- compared sa 10th gen definitely. Pero performance, as per owners maganda naman. Pero kung 1.8G, well... probably this and the Vios would swap places.

To each his own. ;)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks renzo, any idea on Focus' FC? The reason altis landed as my top choice kasi is because, well Toyota. Vios came in 2nd kasi practical choice siya because of its FC and Toyota pa din. I really like the porma of the Focus pero i haven't heard much of reviews pa kasi regarding this car kaya clueless pa talaga ako. Ang concern ko naman sa civic is its FC lalo na pag AT

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Civics namin (06 AT, 09 MT) do 7-9KM/L EDSA/Pure city/stoplight driving. The AT getting a little less than the MT.

Pagdating sa highway, mas matipid yung AT Civic due to longer gearing.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supermak View Post
    Thanks renzo, any idea on Focus' FC? The reason altis landed as my top choice kasi is because, well Toyota. Vios came in 2nd kasi practical choice siya because of its FC and Toyota pa din. I really like the porma of the Focus pero i haven't heard much of reviews pa kasi regarding this car kaya clueless pa talaga ako. Ang concern ko naman sa civic is its FC lalo na pag AT
    Regards with the Focus FC, I reckon it to be lower than of the Civic's. So it should play around 6-7km/L.

Dun sa FD, I naturally have a heavy foot. And -1km/L lang naman usually for the AT so mga 8km/L din yan sa city. 5AT naman eh, so matipid. Ang Altis yata, 4AT? Not sure ah.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Baba pala ng FC ng focus. Later ill be checking a unit, 2007 Altis siya at 430k neg. not sure kung 4speed lang. Whats your take on city idsi renzo? same price range din kasi sya ng iba ko choices

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    2007-2008 unit? Better looking than the Vios IMO.

Huwag lang yung 2003-2004 pls. Hindi maganda itsura niya. Well, for me.

Basta kung hindi CVT, sige lang. Pag CVT, nevermind. Money pit lang yan pag nagkataon. Though the 7spd is REALLY efficient.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ano ba yung CVT? Someone told me wag daw ako kuha ng iDSI dahil mahina daw makina.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Looks, fc
    For me i would choose civic.
    Although i own a vios.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Among your choices, my top pick would be the Civic 1.8S.

But in that price range, I'd get a Mazda 3 2.0R. Sure its engine is just about as powerful as the Civic's, it has less space, and it has a 4-AT that leads to higher FC vs the Civic, but it does handle better. It also looks a lot better if you ask me. More features too - HID, sunroof, bigger rims, auto this and that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
400k Budget, 07 Altis vs 07 Civic vs 07/08 Vios vs 07/08 Focus HB