New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi guys!

I'm a complete noob with engines and such. I'm planning to buy a 2nd car/ownder jeep that will just let me drive a few miles with no worries about the car being scratched. More of like a bump car.

I just got my license and I don't want to buy a new car until I'm fully comfortable with city driving.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    EFi engines will be great since I read in some thread that carb engines might be phased out by 2011 due to government's new policy.

I'm also from Malabon so I'll be needing a car/jeep "na literal na panglusong sa baha..." Around 1-2 foot high of flood water I guess... Sounds impossible to find one... ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogen_weroll View Post
    EFi engines will be great since I read in some thread that carb engines might be phased out by 2011 due to government's new policy.

I'm also from Malabon so I'll be needing a car/jeep "na literal na panglusong sa baha..." Around 1-2 foot high of flood water I guess... Sounds impossible to find one... ;)
    You might be better off looking for an old school diesel engine powered jeep but that might be hard to find.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Yeah, I think that's the best option too. I was offered a wrangler jeep that uses gasoline.

I'm confused on what's the difference between a petrol engine and gasoline engine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, I think that's the best option too. I was offered a wrangler jeep that uses gasoline.

I'm confused on what's the difference between a petrol engine and gasoline engine.
    Petrol is gasoline. Just a different term. Locally gasoline is the common word used. I think in europe and some former european colonies, they prefer to use the word "petrol".

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Wow! Never knew they were the same thing. How do I know what type of gasoline can I use with the car? Diesel, unleaded... something like that...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow! Never knew they were the same thing. How do I know what type of gasoline can I use with the car? Diesel, unleaded... something like that...
    Diesel is diesel... no problems with that.

gasoline on the other hand, has problems. With the 2010 deadline for E10 gasoline compliance very near, nearly all carb engine will have problems with ethanol mixed gasoline. A few gasoline companies still sell non-E10 gasolines like Petrol XCS gasoline.

Even with EFI gasoline engine cars, it is no guarantee if the engine is ethanol compatible. You will have to check if the engine is E10 compatible especially if it was made before the year 2000. After 2000, many EFI engines were made to be E10 compatible but not all.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Even with EFI gasoline engine cars, it is no guarantee if the engine is ethanol compatible. You will have to check if the engine is E10 compatible especially if it was made before the year 2000. After 2000, many EFI engines were made to be E10 compatible but not all.
    I read in some thread that CD5 uses EFi. Some say it is, some say it's not. Is it compatible with ethanol?

Hmmm... might as well visit specific groups about CD5 for more accurate answers.^_^

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read in some thread that CD5 uses EFi. Some say it is, some say it's not. Is it compatible with ethanol?

Hmmm... might as well visit specific groups about CD5 for more accurate answers.^_^
    Generally the Kia Pride CD5 used a carb engine but I know there was an EFI model during it's last few years.

Chances are the EFI model will not be compatible to E10 but it won't hurt to check with clubs and forums that deal specifically with that particular car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Salamat na marami GhostHunter.

35k budget for a car/jeep