New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    You made my day sir! ^ Enlightened me a lot. Salamat!

Sir help me on this one ulit, Kasi just yesterday, natangap ako sa work. And ang daming training and stuffs to process and maybe it'll last for 3-4 months (fllight attendant), so I really need a car, that's why I considered miata kasi mura at the same time pogi. ahaha.

I can't consider loaning sa bank anymore kasi it takes a very very long time. Honestly I have only 220k cash on hand, but I can consider financing but only up to 100k because of their high rates. So basically I'll be having around 320k, spare the 20k for repairs so at least 300k. What is the best to get for that?
    I wouldn't go for the Miata. Another great rule of thumb is that: the more rare it is, the more expensive stuff gets. And chances are, you'll be importing parts for it. It might probably share some parts with the older 323s or 626s, but yeah... still heavy on the wallet when it comes to maintenance. Oh, and Miatas are slow compared to cars nowadays. So... don't.

Also, masyado mababa yun allowance mo for repairs. I'm conservative usually.. but of course this depends on whether okay ba talaga condition ng kotse.

For sub-300k, you won't get a Civic FD at those prices nor a Mazda3. You'll need to settle for older models. I believe 2002 Altis are more expensive than their Civic counterparts (can anybody verify that?) so I think I'll go for a Civic ES here. I cannot recommend Civic EGs because (1) they're too old.. (2) they're still in-demand as toy cars actually -- you know, strip it.. mod it.. track it.. crash it and it's still okay for your wallet and (3) patay tayo sa mga maghahamon sayo sa kalsada.

Actually, rates nowadays are lower compared to before. So I'm not all that against in borrowing. However, keep the term duration low. No 2-years please and scout around for the best rate -- financing is very competitive nowadays because a lot of people have a lot of extra cash around. So much that loan proceedings are becoming quite lax and banks becoming more aggressive.

I will also advice you that.. as long as you do not have money to burn, no modifications please. Your needs might not escalate now.. but always provision for the future. I'm not telling you to buy life insurance - because I hate betting on my death, but I'm telling you to set aside any cash for a rainy or sunny day. In most cases, this will be a rainy day -- may nagkasakit, nasira TV niyo, may kumatok sa pinto mo tapos "ikaw ang tatay nitong anak ko", etc. but it might also be a sunny day -- kilangan mo ng kapital for a budding business, etc.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 5th, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    with 220 cash, i'll look for 150-160k range na car.

will keep the 70k for a fews mos. Change all the fluids, etc... then kung road worthy na saka ako mag isip ng abubot.

scrap the financing part.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Honda vti or vti-s pasok sa budget mo sir. IMO sir mga 2000 model pataas para di pa masyadong old.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For 220k, why not opt for a 6th gen Accord (98-02)? Maybe you can get one for 200k then reserve the 20k for repairs when needed. Get one na model 2001 or 2002 para di hassle sa LTO registration. Di naman mahirap parts ng 6th gen Accord, di rin kamahalan. Regular oil change and tune-up lang maintenance expense ko plus the fluid replacements upon its replacement cycle. Eh same lang naman price ng fluids with any Honda car. FC though is not as good as a Civic but it is better than a Lynx AT or about the same as a Mazda3 or Lancer Cedia. Just make sure you get one na matino pa yung aircon kasi medyo pricey yung compressor (Civic or Accord or CRV man yan, mahal yung Denso compressor). Handling and response will be much better than an Altis or Civic of its age.

Pero kung may makita ka ng ealy model Civic ES (2001-2002) or ZZ Altis 2002-2003 na within 220k-250k, mas oks yun. Kung di kaya sa ganung budget, puwede na yung Corolla 99-01 (Lovelife) or puwede rin Nissan Exalta N16 (2001-2003) sa 200k budget mo.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 5th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    In the end just buy what you like, test drive mo lahat ng prospect mo, then choose ano pinakagusto mo, mahalaga masaya ka sir sa napili mo

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Get one na model 2001 or 2002 para di hassle sa LTO
    Bakit? Mas hassle ba pag earlier o later models?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bait ni jhnkvn ngayon ah... must be the spirit of Christmas. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Sa totoo lang, I gave you some leeway. If somebody fiscally responsible comes along (like vinj ) comes along without much care in the world, he'll tell you: rent a nearby condo where you work -> walk/public transportation -> save up until you have a better cash pool. Oh yeah, less on the chicks din.. mahal magpa-candy :naughty2:
    Actually i was telling him to get something like a Picanto or Getz before.

If the TS waits up for another year or so, I'm sure he'll be able to save up for something he likes and have savings on the side. Actually, if he sits down and computes how much he's spent on his first car... i'll bet nakakahinayang din.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Bakit? Mas hassle ba pag earlier o later models?
    Di naman hassle pero mas mahal yung rehistro kapag kotse mo ay model year 1997 to 2000. Cars with model year 1995-2000 have higher MVUC cost compared to cars from 2001 onwards.

For light cars (compact and below), yung MVUC cost for model years 1995-2000, P2000 yung MVUC (P1400 for 1994 or older). For the same classification of cars 2001 or later, P1600 lang yung MVUC. Sa case ng midsize/medium cars, P3600 yung MVUC for 2001 or younger. Pero kung 1997-2000 model yung midsize mo, P6000 yung MVUC (P4800 for 1995-1996, P2400 for 1994 or older).

SCHEDULE OF MOTOR VEHICLE USER?S CHARGE PURSUANT TO R.A. 8794 AND OTHER FEES AND CHARGES

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ang honda ES po ba is yung VTEC 3? Or iba pa po yun?

If ever naman po na makakita kayo ng good ad for TDCi, FD, etc. papost naman po dito. Maraming salamat!

And graduate na po ako sa "mods to the max". Haha, kaya medyo FC nalang habol ko ngayon

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    Ang honda ES po ba is yung VTEC 3? Or iba pa po yun?
    Yes, yung Civic ES is the Civic VTEC3 or 7th gen Civic or "Dimension". ES kasi yung chassis code.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast