New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    What's the ave fuel consumption for the mazda 3 2.0 city driving? 6-7km/l?
    Last edited by xninjax; February 28th, 2013 at 09:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Fuel consumptions depends on several factors including route, time of travel and driving style. But yes, more or less 6-7km/L pure city driving.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    So I finally found a seller of Focus 2.0 HB and we agreed on the price but here's the catch:

- The car is a company car loan and it has a remaining balance of 80K due by September

What the seller wants:
    - I pay the seller in full, Seller will give me a receipt of payment.
    - I get the car but no orig CR/OR and deed of sale yet. The seller will pay the remaining balance on the loan and will turn over a deed of sale/OR/CR after it is released in maybe 2 weeks time
    - So you see I am assuming a great risk by trusting the seller that he will turn over the documents or pay the loan

What I offered the seller instead:
    - I give him 80k initially for him to pay off the remaining loan balance, i get the car
    - Once the orig OR/CR and deed of sale is released then I pay the remaining amount of the car in full
    - The seller does not want to go this route as it is a greater risk on his end according to him

What do you think can be a good compromise so this deal can push thru? Or If I agree to the seller's condition, what protection / assurance can I have that he will turn over the orig OR/CR?

Hoping some kind souls can help me out
    Last edited by xninjax; April 27th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    So I finally found a seller of Focus 2.0 HB and we agreed on the price but here's the catch:

- The car is a company car loan and it has a remaining balance of 80K due by September

What the seller wants:
    - I get the car but no orig CR/OR and deed of sale yet. The seller will pay the remaining balance on the loan and will turn over a deed of sale/OR/CR after it is released in maybe 2 weeks time
    - So you see I am assuming a great risk by trusting the seller that he will turn over the documents or pay the loan

- I give him 80k initially for him to pay off the remaining loan balance, i get the car
    - Once the orig OR/CR and deed of sale is released then I pay the remaining amount of the car in full
    - The seller does not want to go this route as it is a greater risk on his end according to him

What do you think can be a good compromise so this deal can push thru? Or If I agree to the seller's condition, what protection / assurance can I have that he will turn over the orig OR/CR?

I wouldn't agree to the seller's terms either. No car documents, no full payment.

If he's afraid that you would run away with the car and not pay the remaining sum, I suppose you can give him a bit more. Maybe 150k? That's around 1/3 of the car's selling price, right? And then perhaps you can document the whole process in ink, sign it, and maybe have the document notarized. That should be guarantee enough.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks GTI..

Anyone familiar with a deed of conditional sale and if it would work on this case?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    im also looking for another coding car and considering the ford focus... primarily because of rear aircon vent.
    are there other sedans with rear aircon vent?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    im also looking for another coding car and considering the ford focus... primarily because of rear aircon vent.
    Not common among the compact sedans but some midsize sedans do have rear aircon vents. Cefiros and Camrys have rear aircon vents.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    not a sedan, although considered as a MPV but looks like a hatchback is the Kia Carens, crdi, rides like a sedan, with rear aircon vent, seats 7 (cramped) seats 5 comfortably with lots of cargo space..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post

What the seller wants:

Why wouldn't the seller give/sign a deed of sale if you are going to pay him the full amount? I mean there is no risk for him anymore.
    Kung nabayaran mo na lahat, paano ka pa tatakas sa responsibilidad?

Bakit hindi mo na lang hintayin na mabayaran niya lahat sa banko? Or kung desidido siya na ibenta yun, suggest mo sa kanya na siya na lang magbayad ng remaining loan balance (syempre nsa kanya pa din ang kotse) tapos bibilhin mo sa kanya agad agad.

Halos no risk yan sa seller kasi kahit ndi mo bilhin yung kotse niya, pwede pa din niya ibenta sa iba.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12