New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Any suggestions on the above title?

For my parents...

Must be:

fuel efficient, SPACIOUS, reliable...easy to maintain....stylish..

What make/year model/ Variant do you think i should choose and buy for them.?

My father's office is just 1.2kms away from our house...and malls are 16-20kms away...

Toyota,Nissan,ford,honda and Honda preferred brands
    probably requires an ave. FC Of 8km/L and above....

As for FC, my father has a light to medium footed driving style....

Choosing from Sedan,SUVs CUVs

Thank you very much... Happy New Year to all.....;-)

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    konting dagdag pede na yans a all new celerio specious, matipid, reliable and stylish din naman
    pero if it were me(for second hand) I would get a 2008+ Nissan Sentra GSX MT since resale value is not part of your requirement naman
    pang tatay talaga sya

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    konting dagdag pede na yans a all new celerio specious, matipid, reliable and stylish din naman
    pero if it were me(for second hand) I would get a 2008+ Nissan Sentra GSX MT since resale value is not part of your requirement naman
    pang tatay talaga sya
    Happy new year... Any figures for FC?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    How spacious is spacious?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well... the budget range certainly is a bit of a problem.. let's see..

i had a lancer cedia before. models were 2003-2009 or so.
    spacious passenger seats front and rear, and easy to get in and out of... like a bigger car. whenever someone asks for suggestion for older (cheaper) car with passenger space, this is the only one i recommend.
    nice to drive...
    i didn't have parts problems repairing her, during the 3-4 years i had her.
    the suspension out front was ... well, it tended to tug to the side, but i had it checked several times, and nobody could find something to adjust or replace. i just wrote it off to torque pull.
    mine was a cvt, so the fuel expenses were horrendously high (think, 5.5-6 km/li in the city).
    they sell for 190-250K now..
    still asking myself whether i should get another used one... i had good experiences driving that first one.

sentras? i also had a 1997 sentra. the interior spaces were acceptable then, before i got fat... hard to get in and out of the rear seats. the last sentras of the 2010s still had the same interior space as mine. fuel experience was ok.. 9 km/li or so. used sentras are cheap, so you shouldn't complain too much when you want to sell it later.
    pre-altis corollas... tight spaces.
    early altis.. a bit better than my sentra.
    new altis, great passenger space (also, out of the price range).
    older vios.. i had to crawl to get into the rear seats.
    older hondas.. ok with me.. as a passenger...haven't owned one..

AUVs? revo.. adventure.. ok, but won't the folks have difficulty getting in and out of them?

have fun.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 1st, 2016 at 10:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I'd probably get the sentra gs a/t for your parents. I've also seen some 2yr old Nissan Almera's on olx selling for 400k. I think these are good buys as they are cheap and easy to maintain.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto o, test drive unit 2015 nissan almera for P449k. add ka na lang ng 50k good as brand new pa.

https://www.*******/item/nissan-almer...330#932c01c330
    Last edited by yebo; January 1st, 2016 at 04:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    How about mga sirs sa toyota,mitsu and nissan brands? Alin kya ang magbibigay ng mgandang FC... 8km/l up?..any idea? Again 200k-400k budget

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    How about mga sirs sa toyota,mitsu and nissan brands? Alin kya ang magbibigay ng mgandang FC... 8km/l up?..any idea? Again 200k-400k budget
    mitsubishi mirage. 22+km/l city driving sabi ng neighbor ko. yun lang nga, alisin mo yung SPACIOUS sa requirements mo. kung hindi naman matangkad o mataba ang sasakay e ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Lahat yan sir kayang mag min.sa 8kms/ltr. Basta mga 1.3 to 1.6 engine. I have an old sentra B13 with a 1600 engine does 9kms/ltr city and 13 to 16kms on hiways. Our newer car a Slyphy 1600 also does 10kms at worst traffic and 17 to 18 on hiways normal mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast