New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello I am new here and this is my very first post! I am planning to buy a 2nd hand car preferably having a year model of 2003-2005 with automatic transmission. I have a budget of 200-250k but willing to pay as more as 300k as long as the car is in very good condition. I was hoping to get a honda jazz coz they say the fit is much more of a headache when it comes to maintaining it. But on the other hand, I need some of your opinions on what car brand will budget can buy regardless of my preferred year model of 2003-2005 and preferred car - the honda jazz. Many thanks and God bless

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Matic ba kamo? Then you need to go mainstream, like toyota, honda,mitsu para me surplus tranny availability. Because youll never know how the tranny was taken cared off.

With your budget, pasok ka sa toyota lovelife and early altis. Lot of parts and surplus.

Bought my gli lovelife matic 2 years ago. Had to replace the whole wiper assembly. Found a bnew replacement for 500p only! Turned out that having a taxi counterpart means more and cheaper parts.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If your going matic road, don't get the jazz with Cvt. Sakit sa ulo yan kung masira. I think 300k pasok sa altis 2003 to 2005 or civic of the same year. I would pass on the jazz and city of these year model na matic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    thanks sa mga reply. Gusto ko talaga mag Jazz pero automatic para magamit wifey ko kaso nadadalawang isip na ako about 2003-2005 jazz dahil sa mga nababasa ko dito sa forums. Actually I really want the 2009 or 2010 model but my budget is out of reach. Bale I need a car that I can easily use anytime for city driving. I'm already browsing for toyota corollas. One question ano po pagkakaiba ang lovelife sa ordinary corolla?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It's still a corolla. Bale yun lang yun tawag kasi advertisement nung car dati "lovelife".

It's the late 90s to early 2000 model.
    Last edited by [archie]; August 4th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    ah ok sir hehe.. ngayon ko lang kasi nalaman yan. by the way bossing, ano po problema sa cvt? mahal po ba pag nasira to?

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Sir pwede niyo din i consider Toyota vios 1.5 g , pasok din sa budget niyo

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mahirap kasi sa cvt ng honda, walang surplus support sa banawe or evangelista (well not that I know of). Bihira din kasi parts ng cvt kasi city and jazz of that model lang nakacvt.

Also sa idsi model 8 spark plugs kailangan. Ok lang naman for maintenance pero for someone like me na hanapin saan pumapalya, Doble hassle. Haha

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I see thanks for the info boss. One last question. wala po bang mga jazz na hinde po cvt? ung 5 speed automatic lang mga ganun sir. Anyway very new sa mga cars motor lang alam ko kasi haha

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Cvt is a 7speed tranny sa first gen jazz and 2nd gen city lumabas. Around dun sa year model na type mo.

Alam ko mga 07 or 08 model na jazz... standard tranny na ulit. yung second gen yung hindi na cvt. Not familiar sa exact year model kasi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast